Archery Talk Forum banner

Magnus Bullheads

393 2
Been tuning up with the magnus bullheads, went through my regular tuning process of paper tuning, french tuning, creep tuning etc... Put the bullheads on and center shot is perfect compared to fieldtips, but arrow hits about 1.5 inches lower with bullheads than with fieldtips. I know I could simply adjust the sight, but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. My setup is x-force 6 set at 57lbs, 27inch draw. Shooting carbon force radial x-weave 300's with 100 grain tip. Arrows are fletched with three 4inch feathers, right helical. Also, seems to group the same no matter which way I have the blades. Thanks
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,122 Posts
Been tuning up with the magnus bullheads, went through my regular tuning process of paper tuning, french tuning, creep tuning etc... Put the bullheads on and center shot is perfect compared to fieldtips, but arrow hits about 1.5 inches lower with bullheads than with fieldtips. I know I could simply adjust the sight, but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. My setup is x-force 6 set at 57lbs, 27inch draw. Shooting carbon force radial x-weave 300's with 100 grain tip. Arrows are fletched with three 4inch feathers, right helical. Also, seems to group the same no matter which way I have the blades. Thanks

I will assume your using the same weight broadhead and fieldpoint. Is it 1.5" lower at every distance or just longer distances? If its only at longer distance the answer would be the longer blades create more drag. Otherwise you could try raising your rest 1/16" at a time to see if they group closer.

What kind of groups are you getting with the Bullheads?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.