Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
whats the wow about ? right now Im trying out snuffers, wont get to use them til next saturday. whats the hype on these stingers?

·
washed up wannabe
12,236 Posts
Well, both Javelina and I are shooting them out to 70 yards with FANTASTIC accuracy. They are the first heads I have found that shoot as accurately as my field tips.

I've already shown this group off, but here it is again. The 5 arrows were shot from 40 yards and they are Stingers. The RobinHood was a field tip to check if they heads were hitting the same point as field tips. I guess they were
:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
984 Posts
AKDoug,

I love the Stingers, myself. One thing for sure, you shoot way better than I do, no matter what is on the tip of my arrow!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Just bought a pack yesterday and took 'em out back to try 'em.
UNBELIEVEABLE!! They hit in the same spot as my field tips!!
I was trying Muzzy 3 blade 100's and steel force 100's. Both were hitting low and left. The muzzys were only abot 2" low and about 2" left, steel force about 4" low and 3 " left, at 20 yards.
I heard alot of good things about these stingers so I figured I'd try them. Glad I did. I gotta make another run to cabela's to get 2 more packs!! BTW, I shot the stingers out to 50 yds, and they flew like DARTS!(I put black spray painted newspaper on my broadhead foam block to watch if the broadheads windplane my arrows). TRY THEM!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
looks like I may be hunting with a new broadhead. :D

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Gentlemen, how do the Stingers shoot with higher speed bows?
I'm refering to bows that are shooting 280+.

I'm having to shoot mechanicals and prefer cut-on-contact broadheads. My bow will shoot Muzzys, but they're real sensitive and I have to have a perfect release. :rolleyes:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I prefer the two blade, but I've had no trouble from the bleeders.

As to speed, I shoot a RazorTec and Chronographed yesterday 278 with a 413 grain.

As with any fixed blade your bow must be properly tuned, but this isn't rocket science. Also your arrow and insert must be true with little or no run-out. And of course the spine must be correct.

If you get these things correct the Stinger is unbelieveably accurate.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Luckynhappy,
I really do not know why these heads fly so good, but they do for me. I shoot 27" 3-28 acc's with vanes that have a 4 degree helical. They are also RAZOR sharp out of the package. Try them.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
On what I have read in this forum I bought some 100 gr stingers as I have been having a terrible time getting good accuracy with my 100 gr Muzzys. This has been going on for years and I just chalked it up to "that is the way broadheads are". Then I tried them on some carbon arrows and the accuracy was unacceptable. The bow was tuned fine and shot great with target tips. Then I tried the stingers, and they shoot as good as target tips and to the same spot to 50 yards, as far as I have tried them so far. My question now is what is the difference besides price between the stingers and their other 2 blade screw in tips? I have killed several bucks to 40 yards with the Muzzys, but I would like to feel comfortable at longer distances for Antelope and desert mule deer. I would have no problem with what I have seen with these Magnus 2 blades.

Mike

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
stingers for sale

just checked ebay. Theres a guy with two packages (6 heads) of the 4 blade magnus stingers for sale. You can buy them for $33. That's $16.50 per pack. I haven't priced them in stores, but it sounds like a decent deal.

just in case you guys are intersted. Good shooting!!

·
washed up wannabe
12,236 Posts
I have bought all 12 of my Stingers off of Ebay. There is some guy from Montana that was selling them and he was excellent to deal with. As of last report Magnus was way behind on their production and I know Cabelas is backordered on 100 gr replacement blades. I just sharpened mine back up.

·
Banned
4,304 Posts
I have nothing but good to say about my Stingers. Sharp & accurate. Mine fly great at 288 fps. One to a spot, otherwise I'm wrecking arrows.:(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts