Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow archers

I am offering a guided moose hunt in October though my new outfitter, ( web site will be available in 1 week) and tomorrow night is the deadline for apply for a tag. This trip will be a back country trip, with limited amenities, and more then likely adverse conditions, North Maine woods can be sunny one minute, and snowing the next.

For anyone who has put in for a tag, and needs a guide, please let me know, and tell us that you saw this post on Archery Talk, and receive 10% off total cost!

send me a message for more details and I will get back to you as soon as I can

Thank You!

Kevin
registered Maine Guide

·
Registered
14,574 Posts
my dream hunt is killing a giant moose, if i hadn't just put alot of money down on a bear hunt i'd probably be hitting you up

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my dream hunt is killing a giant moose, if i hadn't just put alot of money down on a bear hunt i'd probably be hitting you up
well I see you live in Kansas, ever thought of trading a moose hunt for a giant white tail hunt? just a thought...

·
Registered
11,256 Posts
What kinda draw odds on a Moose tag? Any idea.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kinda draw odds on a Moose tag? Any idea.
well for a nonresident, the state generally gives 60% +/- and 40% of tags go to the residents. again its a lottery, so it is luck of the draw.

also with non resident, you get a few extra chances as well.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ive been applying for 15 years now as a resident, no luck yet. My father has been putting in since the beginning and only been drawn once. He is going on 20 years now since he was last picked.

What zones are you guiding in? If I was you I'd be putting more focus on the September week..

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ive been applying for 15 years now as a resident, no luck yet. My father has been putting in since the beginning and only been drawn once. He is going on 20 years now since he was last picked.

What zones are you guiding in? If I was you I'd be putting more focus on the September week..

I will be in region 8,7,14,17. basically my focus is the western half of the state

·
Registered
2,121 Posts

I hear ya....

I lived in Maine for 5 years, the drawing is kinda bs the way they do it.

All you get is your name in the bucket again for every year you don't draw. I still haven't drawn, I saw people that killed moose every other year and met people that have been applying their whole lives and never got a chance to hunt

·
Registered
298 Posts
I hear ya....

I lived in Maine for 5 years, the drawing is kinda bs the way they do it.

All you get is your name in the bucket again for every year you don't draw. I still haven't drawn, I saw people that killed moose every other year and met people that have been applying their whole lives and never got a chance to hunt

They changed the system a couple years ago, so now the longer you go without being picked, the more chances you accumulate year to year and theoretically your chances of being drawn go up.. I've still yet to be drawn haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts