Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well other than obvious waxing the string, how do you ppl maintain your compound bows?

I have some fine oil ment for oiling the arms, bycicles, and say finer mechanical parts - should I oild CAM/WHEEL of my bow from time to time?

And what else should I do?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Dado said:
Well other than obvious waxing the string, how do you ppl maintain your compound bows?

I have some fine oil ment for oiling the arms, bycicles, and say finer mechanical parts - should I oild CAM/WHEEL of my bow from time to time?

And what else should I do?
If your bow's cam has bushings ( if memory serves me, PSE Nove w/ lightning 3 cam?) VERY light lubrication periodically. Keep in mind oil will attract dust....silicone might be a better choice, also regularly check all the screws for tightness. If you have a peep w/ a rubber hose, check the hose VERY OFTEN! :eek: they dry rot very quickly and you don't want it breaking and snapping you in the eye. Visually check everything for cracks ever now and then (limbs, riser, etc.) Have fun shootin the thing. This archery thing is a disease that is very hard to overcome !!!:D ;) :p

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I should look for silicone what? lubricant, or?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts