Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

This is going to be a rather lengthy post so I’ll sum it up quickly.

Cliffs:
1. Customer buys bow
2. Customer receives damaged bow
3. Customer contacts bow Maitland, they agree to send new limbs
4. Customer only receives 2 out of 3 and in camo when current limbs are black
5. Customer tries for 3 weeks to contact Maitland with no response

I have screenshots/pictures (old phone screenshot wasn’t working) all text communication and can/will provide them if they are needed (there are a lot so I have chosen not to include them in the post). I would like to say that I am extremely disappointed in how this has played out. Being a college student and recently married I make any major purchase after considering it carefully. The discounted price was a large factor in choosing to go with Maitland; unfortunately it seemed to come with a lack of customer service as well. Here is the timeline I am currently working with.

1. Early September (around 9/7/13)-Called Jenn and ordered a Halo Extreme with Camo riser and black limbs. I was told it would be sent the next week.
2. 9/25/13- Credit card charged for bow, set of cams(unsure of correct draw length for bow) and shipping
3. 10/2/13- Received bow in mail
4. 10/12/13- Opened and inspected bow (My wedding was on 10/5 which caused the delay in shipping). Found 2 chipped limbs and one limb with splintering.
5. 10/14/13- Got in contact with Maitland and they asked for pictures
6. 10/21/13- Maitland agreed to send new limbs (I did not notice this earlier but the only agreed to send two limbs, I would have objected)
7. 11/30/13- Received package from Maitland. It contained 2 camo limbs.
8. 12/2/13-Called Maitland Sales line-left message
9. 12/4/13- Sent email
10. 12/11/13- Called Maitland tech line-left message
11. 12/11/13- Posted in Official Maitland Shooting staff thread asking for someone to contact me
12. 12/13/13- Called both Maitland lines-left messages
13. 12/18/13- Sent pm to Maitland asking to be contacted

I have yet to receive any type of communication from Maitland. I wish that it would not come to me making a “call out thread.” It is a serious disappointment to be treated in the manner with which I have experienced. I would love to keep the bow and show it off but I haven’t even been able to draw the bow back. I feel I have been more than patient in dealing with this situation.

At this point in time I would like to send the bow back and get my money back. I will not support a company that I feel doesn't concern itself with its customer service; If Maitland doesn’t feel the same way, we can talk.

A further failure to communicate with me will end up with a dispute being filed with my credit card company.

I am sorry to have to do this, but I can't figure out another way to get their attention.

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
I'll bump it seems like a problem hope you figure it out

·
Registered
505 Posts
Very sorry to hear and I feel your pain especially waiting so long with such excited anticipation.

The archery industry has some companies with awesome customer service and vice versa so I hope your situation gets figured out soon. You deserve getting what your purchased in a timely manner.

I just got a used Zeus from an AT member so I hope that the CS is much better if and when one day I do need assistance.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

·
Team 4 Play
17,306 Posts
Absolutely no need for you to apologize. I just saw a post that Jenny put on FB yesterday I believe about some penis looking cake/cookie she made. Maybe she should spend less time in the kitchen :dontknow:
And I apologize to people who don't want to read this but I will continue to bump it

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm. I know everyone is entitled to a life. Damn Bob it sucks that I am going to have to file a claim. The bow seemed so nice.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
It really is sad that it has come to this for you. It blows my mind that Rob or Jen still will not get back to you and resolve this.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Yeah, really sorry guys. I may move on myself. NBA bows seem more appealing everyday. God help me if something happens to my Maitland that I cannot fix myself.

Darn shame-really

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It really is sad that it has come to this for you. It blows my mind that Rob or Jen still will not get back to you and resolve this.
Don't understand it either. I they would be having health or family issues you'd think they would change their voicemail or something to let customers know they aren't just ignoring them.

Yeah, really sorry guys. I may move on myself. NBA bows seem more appealing everyday. God help me if something happens to my Maitland that I cannot fix myself.

Darn shame-really
Hopefully I get my money back...can't afford a different bow without it.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Based on some of the interaction between the company personnel and customer in another thread, I think you acted prudently by proceeding as you did with filing a dispute.

There are two sides to every dispute, but I would have been more impressed if the company had taken the high road. I read enough of the "back and forth" that I crossed this company off my list of possible 2014 bows.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Or thinking about the penis. LOL
Absolutely no need for you to apologize. I just saw a post that Jenny put on FB yesterday I believe about some penis looking cake/cookie she made. Maybe she should spend less time in the kitchen :dontknow:

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
I hate to hear this as well, Maitland makes some awesome bows, but I've been waiting for about 3 weeks now on cam mods for my X Factor, they told me they were sent? I changed my release to a thumb operated one and need to get #3 mods, I hope they get their act together soon! Cheers--BB

1 - 20 of 41 Posts