Archery Talk Forum banner

Maitland Doubts

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DLazcano_C 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm from Mexico and new on the forum.
I just returned to target after a couple of years of no shooting. I bought a used Raptor 3D for target and I'm very pleased with it but...
Maybe there are some posts out there about this but I want to know. Someone has contacted Tribe asking for replacement parts?
The thing is that I'm having a little splintering issue and I went to my pro shop (There is no many places to go in Mexico City) and excluding the aesthetic there should be no performance problem with the limbs.
And the other question is if someone knows if these limbs are laminated or solid limbs.

#2 ·
It won't brake. My brother and I shoot our bows every second weekend. Both have splinters on the limbs and haven't gotten any worse since we first saw them. I haven't heard of one braking. I think it is just on the surface that have a few fibres let go and is largely cosmetic. My brother even dry fired his and it still shoots. If you are worried then barnsdale make replacement limbs if you need.

#3 ·
Yes, duc is right; Barnsdale make replacement limbs, but the deflections are not the same, but you have something ok;
i've bought from him remplacements limbs for my Raptor; The flex is a little higher;

Tribe sell limbs too, but you've to verify the lenght

#4 ·
Ok. I'm not very worried since the bow shoots perfect (I shoot four times a week) so I think I won't replace them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.