Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it is quite possible I may have the first one (in the hands of the consumer) :D

I posted these pics on the Maitland thread, but I figured I would share them here too incase anyone is interested

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Do they have an actual website you can go to and look at? Or a place where you can go to find out if you have dealers near you? I've looked and cant find anything.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First Impressions:
The bow draw's smoothly and set's into a firm wall
Very quiet - near silent
Well balanced and ergonomic feel
General fit and finish quality look's good
Pleasure to shoot!

I still need to dial in the sight and play with adjusting the stabilizer, but all-in-all this bow is AWESOME and with less than 100 arrows fired I am able to keep them all in a 3" circle @ 20 yard's (and I have less than 1 year experiance shooting bow's so in the hand's of a better archer that same group could probably be had @ 40 yard's or more...)

In the hand's of the bow's creator (Rob) this bow pulled off a "ROB-Inhood" with it's first two arrow's fired through it! The first shot sunk into the target, and the second arrow went right into the backend of the first :D Nice shooting Rob!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Good looking bow.

·
Bone Collector
5,448 Posts
Nice robin hood. I might need to get one of these for my target bow.

AK13

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chronograph Results

I ran a few diffrent arrow's to check speed's. I am using one of those ARROWSPEED bow mounted chrony's so I am not sure how accurate it reads, but here are my results:

*513gn Easton FMJ 300 spine = 238fps

*475gn Carbon Tech 65/80 300 spine = 249fps

*435gn Golt Tip CAA350 350 spine = 258fps

*428gn Victory V-Force 300 spine = 259fps

My bow is set to 64.9# DW @ 31.5" DL and uses DL adjustable "smooth" cams
All arrows are cut to 31"

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
981 Posts
That looks like a killer bow. Speed seems to be waayyy off though. With that weight and DL, I think your only around 290's for IBO. I know you said smooth cams and chrono may not be accurate, but hmm.... Speed aint everything, but that babys SLOW. My alphamax isn't a fast bow either, but still shoots a 430gr faster with 5lbs. less DW and 2-1/2" less DL.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's what I am hoping, but then again I realize those are fairly heavy arrows so I was unsure what to think of my readings.
I will have to make a trip to my bow shop and retest my speed's to compair their chrono readings to mine. With any luck all those #s will go up by 20fps :eek:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My readings may not be as far off as I hoped.
BEETLE GUY also has a Zues and this is a quote from his thread:

"Real speed out of my bow with silencers and a d loop

draw 28 3/4"
pounds 61.9 pounds
350 grain arrow
smoot cam
270 fps"

My bow is set 3# above his and 3" longer draw, but shooting a substantially heavier arrow...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Experiment

Just for kick's, I just finished running the same arrow's through the same chrony mounted to my '05 BT Old Glory for comparison.

The birth cert. for the Old Glory reads:
Peak Weight 60.9#
Draw Length 30" (has since been changed to 31.5")
Arrow Weight 350gr
IBO Arrow Speed 307fps

My chronograph test results:

*513gn Easton FMJ 300 spine = 245fps

*475gn Carbon Tech 65/80 300 spine = 252fps

*435gn Golt Tip CAA350 350 spine = 265fps

*428gn Victory V-Force 300 spine = 266fps

This bow also has (2) "cat wisker" string silencers, a peep, and D-loop installed.

Going off this comparison I am guessing that the IBO on my Zeus actually is probably closer to 290... assuming my chrono readings are close, can anyone help me do the math to calculate the IBO for the Zeus?
I failed to mention earlier that the Zeus also has (2) rubber Jax style string silencers, fletcher peep, and D-loop installed on the string.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts