Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I served in some string leaches over the weekend and when I did it caused my peep to rotate way to the left, what can I do to straighten it back out????

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Shoot it for a few shots. Maybe, 20, just blank bail it with the tube off if you have one on. Next determine which way the string is twisted. Lightly press the bow and remove one strand from one side of the peep and place it on the other side of the peep. Then take a strand from that side and place in on the other side. Do this in either a clockwise motion or a counter clockwise motion, until you have the peep properly orientated at rest.

Now, do some more blank bailing and observe if the peep is rotating. If it is rotating, move one strand from one side of the peep to the other. This is sort of a guessing game, If the peep sight rotation decreases or increases when you draw the bow, then you will know which is the stronger side of the string. However, it shouldn't take over one or two string to stop peep sight rotation.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks I will have to take it to my shop and have them press it for me.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Is it rotated wrong before you draw and does it rotate while you are drawing the bow?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no it does not move while drawing, at full draw I can just barely see through the peep

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Since it is not rotating during the draw all you need to do is add 1/2 to one twist to the string to bring the peep around. Also watch your loop to make sure it is not twisting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts