Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for someone to build a custom grip for a bow that does not come with a grip but rather has side plates.
I want this grip to be built out so as to extend the true draw length 1"

This is not a easy request and it requires an experts touch.

Anyone got a name or link?.....or both?

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Have you checked with Bob Lamberth and Rattler, both make nice grips but not sure if they will custom just one grip..

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Torqueless or Loesch grips may be able to help they both are first class.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
I am looking for someone to build a custom grip for a bow that does not come with a grip but rather has side plates.
I want this grip to be built out so as to extend the true draw length 1"

This is not a easy request and it requires an experts touch.

Anyone got a name or link?.....or both?

Not being nit picky, but you mean decrease the true draw, right?

I'm curious as to why you want to do this as well.

In addition to the two folks mentioned, you might also check out torqueless. I have seen a custom grip by them and thought it was well done. I installed it for a freind. Great tolerances (I didn't have to sand at all).

http://www.torqueless.com/

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not being nit picky, but you mean decrease the true draw, right?

I'm curious as to why you want to do this as well.

In addition to the two folks mentioned, you might also check out torqueless. I have seen a custom grip by them and thought it was well done. I installed it for a Friend. Great tolerances (I didn't have to sand at all).

http://www.torqueless.com/
No...I mean to increase true draw length.
Increase the grip area rearward extends the riser forward, allowing longer draw length.
Rearward grip

Basically, it's a cheap way to increase speed.
If I am 26" and have a built up grip that puts the bow hand 1" off the riser, this will give a 27" draw.
Martin had a 3" version of this on a Jaguar in the early 70's but it was elaborate.
I just want an inch.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
loesch build grips for tom crowe that are similar to what you are describing. I would call him and talk to him. he makes the best grips and can do some very custom stuff. if you can think of it he can build you it.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
loesch build grips for tom crowe that are similar to what you are describing. I would call him and talk to him. he makes the best grips and can do some very custom stuff. if you can think of it he can build you it.
Thanks much m friend :)
I will google it up

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
47 Posts
No...I mean to increase true draw length.
Increase the grip area rearward extends the riser forward, allowing longer draw length.
Rearward grip

Basically, it's a cheap way to increase speed.
If I am 26" and have a built up grip that puts the bow hand 1" off the riser, this will give a 27" draw.
Martin had a 3" version of this on a Jaguar in the early 70's but it was elaborate.
I just want an inch.
I may not be fully understanding your reasoning. Extending the grip rearward is not going to give you your desired outcome. You will decrease your brace height however your draw length will also decrease. If your draw length now is 26" and you decrease the brace height of the bow by 1", with the same cam youve just decreased your draw length to 25" and will need to swap modules or cams to add the extra length you just took away.

Power stroke is what increases speed. Take your draw length and subtract the brace height. This gives you your power stroke. Say you have a 7" BH and 26" draw... you have a 19" powerstroke. By decreasing your BH to 6" and will put you at 25" draw and your powerstroke is still 19". However if you move up one cam or module back to 26" draw... you now have a 20" powerstroke which would increase your speed.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I may not be fully understanding your reasoning. Extending the grip rearward is not going to give you your desired outcome. You will decrease your brace height however your draw length will also decrease. If your draw length now is 26" and you decrease the brace height of the bow by 1", with the same cam youve just decreased your draw length to 25" and will need to swap modules or cams to add the extra length you just took away.

Power stroke is what increases speed. Take your draw length and subtract the brace height. This gives you your power stroke. Say you have a 7" BH and 26" draw... you have a 19" powerstroke. By decreasing your BH to 6" and will put you at 25" draw and your powerstroke is still 19". However if you move up one cam or module back to 26" draw... you now have a 20" powerstroke which would increase your speed.

Hope this helps
That is what he is saying he can now use a longer draw module therefor increasing speed.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is what he is saying he can now use a longer draw module therefor increasing speed.
Thats right.
Not a new idea...ben around longer than I have been.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts