Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have poor eyesight and looking thru a peep is not that bad but it is anoying so ive been looking into those peep eliminator stuff like the extreme rear site add on and such but they cost alot for a pice of cut metal! anybody have any ideas or a peep eliminator? also i have tried adding a kisser button but it feels unatural t me i like the d-loop and release right at the corner of my mouth but then again i think im over drawn because when i draw the bow it feels a bit un natural a little too long right now its at 29 inch draw and im about 5'9'' tall so idk i havnt shot in so long i have also got weaker i pull a 60lb bow wich is the lowest setting. im going to start working out again and start shooting soon!:pukey::darkbeer:

· Registered
319 Posts
You might need to adjust your draw as I too am 5'9" and only have a 27" draw. I think UnkBond made on out of a piece of PVC pipe not too sure of the exact details of it. Hope you figure something out.

· Registered
1,023 Posts
I use a NB (nose bugger) is a Flex Fletch kisser under my nose for constant anchor point w/ that said I haven't used a peep sight for at least 3 month. BTW my eye sight is no good anymore and I need glass but don't like them, so the NB have solve my aiming problem, you can shoot w/ both eyes open too.

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use a NB (nose bugger) is a Flex Fletch kisser under my nose for constant anchor point w/ that said I haven't used a peep sight for at least 3 month. BTW my eye sight is no good anymore and I need glass but don't like them, so the NB have solve my aiming problem, you can shoot w/ both eyes open too.
sounds good i hear the more anchor points you have the more accurate you will be hmmm ill see if a kisser and more anchors will elliminate peeps and other sight anchors

· Registered
260 Posts
Hi
While I was waiting for a peep to be delivered (I live a long way from the nearest shop) I put a small wrap of 1/8" white tape around the string of my grandaughters bow in line with her eye. When at the correct anchor she could see the tape in the corner of her eye. I have also done this with an older club member who has very bad eyesight and tonight he won the compound trophy at our spring comp. Not as good as a peep but not a bad alternative.
Phil

· Registered
275 Posts
I use the no-peep. Similar item as the hindsight but much smaller and seems to be more accurate. I've had it for a couple of years but I think it was only $35~40 dollars.

· Registered
231 Posts
THe peep eliminator rifle sight is a good alternative.

· Registered
155 Posts
ive used a hindsight before and it worked wonderfully...only complaint was it took a while to set correctly.....im not advertising for anyone but some of the new peepless sytems on the market are very cheeply made,and some are solid as a rock....several companies offer them these days....if i was you i would search around the net and ask people who you trust for info....in my opinion a peep is more of a burden to a hunter than a help...if all we shot was foam animals it would be fine but last i checked some of my targets moved in the dark...lol

· Registered
69 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
I agree that the peep eliminator is a good product, but I have made it better with this little mod. I shaved off the left side of the V in order to line up the vertical pins on my Trophy Ridge sight with the yellow dot. It gives me a better view and more accurate alignment, as the original V was too large in my opinion. You can see it in action at the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuJg8Pktu-s

Frank

· Registered
311 Posts
I just checked out the Hindsight webpage and this looks like a product that I'm willing to try.

· Registered
104 Posts
I use the Square-up and it is phenomenal. It helped me with my torque. I had an "almost" robin hood the first day using it. (Broke the nock off one of my arrows) Now I purposely shoot different areas on my target to avoid damaging my arrows. You can use it with or without a peep.

http://squareuparchery.com/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.