Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to make a few fun targets to shoot at and need some ideas and pics. I want to make a moving target or two. I have heard people say a garage door opener. I would like to see pics of that if any one had some. I am working on one now using the motor off a x-mas deer that moves it head side to side to make a small pop up target. Any ideas on fun or moving targets? Thanks
Ben

·
Registered
908 Posts
if you are a farmer or know one i have used the hay elevator to make a walking deer just an idea i came up with at one time. just lay a piece of ply wood on the belt and set your deer up on it. i works great.

·
Registered
780 Posts
can ya'll post some pictures of these???

i'd love to see them.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good ideas keep them coming. I also am working on a steel turkey with a 2"-3" target on it. It will go good with my steel buck. I will try to post some pics of them.
Ben

·
Registered
278 Posts
I made a pop up target for our archery club a couple years ago. We only use it indoors because it is pnuematic and you need an air compressor to run it. It also has electric timers to control the up and down times. It is pretty complicated so it might be for the everyday diy guy. Our indoor shoot is this weekend maybe I will take some pictures of it all set up and post them. It really works great.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Here is a dumb idea, (and not mine) back in the 80's a club I belonged to had a slues (sp) pipe that they cut a long slot in it. they then mounted a 3D woodchuck target on a pole. You guessed it some knuckle head would climb in the pipe and wiggle the woodchuck up and down while the rest of the woodchucks in the club would shoot at it. I hear tell it would make a hell of a clang when someone would hit the pipe. (true story!) :icon_1_lol:

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
OK here is a serious idea, I do this for my 4H kids and they love it. I took a rotisserie motor and mounted it on a plywood base. I then mounted two coat hangers to the shaft. At the end of the wires I put balloons. I then put a bale or some other target in front of it so all you see is the balloons coming up over the target and you need to shoot them while they are above the target. (of course you need some sort of backstop too!)

Attachments

·
C:\My Documents\My Pictur
23,094 Posts
Bump t t t

·
Registered
304 Posts
slow motor.

I have an old power wheels jeep that my boys have WAY outgrown. I bet the motor out of it would work for what you are wanting. Already has a power source, and its rechargeable...

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
I bought three of those off of ebay for 6.00 a piece. but I was lucky I see you have your choice now for around 20.00 + shipping :shade:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts