Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
any one have any ideas on making a springsteel rest quiet? i intend tio use my Field Bow fro hunting, leving eveything the same except a shorter stablizer. has any one used such a rest in the deerwods? if so any ideas on making the draw quiet? tape? the whole thing to takle vibration out or just the top? the draw right now is louder than the shot going off.....

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that will work on a blade? do i keep the tips(fork) bare? that seems like a great fix. thanks

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i imagine that stiffens the blade a bit, should i go down a size?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks i will give it a try, if doen early it wont smell?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I use it all year long and reapply when needed.. It doesnt really smell once its dried. i shoot a thumb/pinky release and coat that too, My hands have a tendency to sweat and i have found that the rubber coating really help with slip

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have used clear fingernail polish for 20 plus years. The stuff called "hard as nails" hardens VERY hard, it is a slick surface when it dries. If you shoot a lot it will wear through so just paint another layer on it.

Oldstuff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.