Archery Talk Forum banner

Making a tree more compatible

637 5
Ok so one of my best spots is located in the middle of a tornado path wreckage. There are very few standing trees around anymore. The tree that my stand is in is essentially a telephone pole, only cover is above me, none around or below me. I feel like I stand out and any movement immediately catches the deers attention. What could I do to make this more suitable for hunting? Again, really no other trees that will host a stand around, I'd prefer not to move as about 70% of the deer I see come within bow range. Thanks
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,574 Posts
Ok so one of my best spots is located in the middle of a tornado path wreckage. There are very few standing trees around anymore. The tree that my stand is in is essentially a telephone pole, only cover is above me, none around or below me. I feel like I stand out and any movement immediately catches the deers attention. What could I do to make this more suitable for hunting? Again, really no other trees that will host a stand around, I'd prefer not to move as about 70% of the deer I see come within bow range. Thanks
There are a couple of products out there that allow you to brush in your treestand. One is called "The Crows Nest". I made a brush holder from PVC and zip tied it to my stand. Works great.

· Registered
7,957 Posts
Take some small cedars you cut and drag the up to your stand and screw one behind tree to give you some back ground and a couple below you. A cordless drill and 3in word screws do wonders

· team whacknstack
3,416 Posts
u can also funnel the deer around you to were they wont be looking your way. laydowns do wonders

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.