Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a simple buck/strap carrier for my bow so I wouldn't have to hold it while walking and climbing through the bush but the buckles kept breaking.

Has anyone made a DIY sling to carry your bow and perhaps even shoot without taking it off? I have a few nice rifle straps but I would have to modify to attach somehow.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
bow carrier sling

I have made several using 1 1/2" plactic snap bucklets for 1 1/2" webbing, I make them long enough to go around the limb, or on split limbs between the limb and can make them adjustable for length. I have practiced with them by putting them in side my quiver when shooting and it works just fine. If any questions please PM me and I will try to help or I can take pics if that would help. Thanks Skip

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a camo Safari sling for my rifle that is essentially an adjustable strap with a loop at each end that fits over each end of the rifle. I slipped these loops over my cams and viola, have an awesome carrier that pops off easily.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I have made several using 1 1/2" plactic snap bucklets for 1 1/2" webbing, I make them long enough to go around the limb, or on split limbs between the limb and can make them adjustable for length. I have practiced with them by putting them in side my quiver when shooting and it works just fine. If any questions please PM me and I will try to help or I can take pics if that would help. Thanks Skip
I'd like to see a picture.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Try this website

I use www.strapworks.com They have all kinds of applications that you can use. If it gets a little too pricey I split the order with buddies that need straps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used 1 1/2" side release buckles and attached them through the the webbing of my bowmaddness xs using paracord. I attached a female end on one side and a male on the opposite end of the riser and tied the two together using two colors of paracord with the "solomon bar" so that if I ever need, I have about 20 feet of paracord available. With the way it is tied, I can shoot it with it attached or not, there is no rattle when the strap is not connected and I can simply connect the two together as a belt so that I dont lose it. I cant post pics yet, but if you PM me your email, I can send them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts