Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been shooting Elite a few years. Done well with them. But I have a very high desire to shoot competitively again. 80% foam. local shoots. Some sanctioned. But we don't do ASA out West that I know of. Lots of long shots. 60 and 70yds common. But I am staggered by new bow prices. I don't think any of the new Hoyts impress me. I want a longer ATA, at least a 7" BH and I am a 28" DL. For some reason a used '16 makes me sketchy, but I would have no issues with a used '17 of some flavor. I originally began looking for a simple Defiant 34. They are hard to find now....at least in other than RealTree.

Any suggestions on bows that would fill the bill? I would not be opposed to a '18 Pro Force or XXL.....but I think these are still $1350 bows?

Oh....I'm a lefty. So there is about 0% chance I would be able to shoot one. Podium, Prevail, HyperEdge.....something like that?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh...I've never shot a legit "target" bow. A few years ago I owned a Hoyt Alpha Elite. I don't even recall the specs. Shoot thru riser tho. A bit of a pain but bow felt decent. That was kinda before I knew what I was doing. But all of my bows have been parallel limb type design. Not sure how the forward limbs of the Podium/Prevail type bows feel, nor how a Spiral type cam is to shoot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts