Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone making their own targets? I like my bag type better than my 3d's for general practice simply for the 2 finger arrow removal. Anyone got a good idea for a homemade target with easy arrow removal?:eek:

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
The burlap bag targets are about the best "homemade" targets for easy arrow removal. They last for a long time too. I just stuff mine with the cotton batting used for making pillows and crafts, and some rags. Then I'll just spray paint a couple dots on it, to shoot at.

JP

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
They're pretty hard to come by!

Don't see too many of them around here either. Every once in awhile I'll see one or two at the local grocer. Just go to Wal-Mart and get some burlap material. It sells for about 2 $ a yard. Take some twine and sew it into a bag, then stuff it. Use a piece of wire, something like a coathanger, and tape the twine to it, in order to sew it. Give it a try..........JP

·
Banned
636 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
If you have any feedmills near you, you can probably purchase nylon feedbags from them. You can use old clothes with the buttons and zippers removed that you tear into pieces to stuff the bags with. If you have access to used stetch-wrap to stuff into the bags this works even better, its lighter and water-proof. Hope this helps. Good luck and God bless. :D

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Yep the burlap is awesome!

A burlap sack packed with plastic wal mart sacks cause so much friction on my arrows that it heats up the shafts of my arrows! And they are cheaper than those 80 dollar form things that will only last you a couple weeks!

·
Registered
300 Posts
hello!

i've made half a dozen of targets myself and they all work great.

firts i made a wooden frame (the size of a target is: 32"x32"x8"), than i put on jute on all sides of my frame and finally i fill it with nylons (socks that women uses) -> i got them at a factore thyt makes them and they game me wastes from nylons or fault nylons.

very cheep way to make a target! total cost no more than 10$!

my 0,02$

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I just made this one last month, and so far it works great. Hope this helps. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts