Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see everyone's Man Rooms. I'm looking for ideas. I live in the city and have a smallish 1 car garage. I recently fenced in half my driveway which includes the garage. By fencing that area in I was able to create a 20 yard shooting lane! I can now shoot whenever I please. What I need to do now is finish off the garage into my little archery shack. So I need some ideas before I get going. Let's see um.

ps no offense was meant to the ladies, show us your rooms too.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
correct term is "man cave" :)

i dont have a house big enough for one so antlers, mount, tanned hides, and ornamental steel traps reside in the bedroom.

we've (me and the wife)............went with a different motif for decor.

it's kinda *******, oriental, egyptian and african in style:eek:
(doubt you'll find it in any 'home' magazines)

it's where this guy gets to hang out.

when i get my own man cave it will have all the before mentioned items and nothing short of my own personal pro-shop.

camoham

·
Registered
899 Posts
No pics but mine has a shower, sink, and toliet with a various assortment of reading material on its tank.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
i have my own workshop on top of the garage i shoot arrows out the window, store gear that i dont want smellin like dog..... i could pretty much shoot from any window in my house and nobody would ever know nothing

·
Registered
52 Posts
WOW Bowtroll... That is a Helluva room ya got there... Some Nice Bucks too...

I don't have any pics of mine, I'll have to get some... But consists of Camo Curtains, Camo Fan, Shoulder Mounts, Smaller Racks, a Bear Rug and waiting on the half mount of the other bear...

·
11,954 Posts
I have said it once and I will say it again, BowTroll, you my friend are my hero.

That place is SWEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Bowtroll, I've seen some pix of your set up before. You too are my hero even without the floor mat. Your set up kicks butt! No kids huh? :wink:

Look at all them arrows and bows!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Nice look'n family too.

If I had a play room like yours my kids would have it destroyed in no time. One kid would goat tuff the other to my bow press, they would do chin ups off the bows hanging on the rack, stick their fingers in the arrow saw, etc., all. They have my arrows all over the place, they ain't old enough to shoot yet but thats good because they don't know the difference between my carbons and old aluminums so I let them play with the aluminuns. When they run off with one of my Axis arrows, I tackle them in the driveway to get it back before it disappears. Jimmy Hoffa will be found before my wife or I find one of three remote control that have been missing in action for quite a spell now. :tongue:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Bowtroll the God...

You my firend have just been named the guy I most want to be like. The man cave, teaching kids, the mounts... YOU ARE TRUELY A GOD...

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Slippy Field said:
Jimmy Hoffa will be found before my wife or I find one of three remote control that have been missing in action for quite a spell now. :tongue:
Check the bottom of the toy box. I've found mine there several times... :wink:

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Bow troll,brother that is one helluva set up you got! The shots of the kids are priceless,hat off to you for teaching the neighboorhood children archery and giving your time to them...outstanding. How long did it take you to get that set up built? Jealous man...jealous.

·
Registered
753 Posts
It's a start....I'm only 20, so hopefully I've got a lot of big bucks coming to me that will be on the wall in the future. This is just my apt. Nothing extravegant (sp??) but it sure beats pink floral stuff....

I want to get some signs/banners from a pro-shop and hang them up.....

·
Registered
542 Posts
Took about a year but Im always adding and changing stuff...This is my 20th bow season so I have accumulated a bunch of crap over the years...I had my eye on the barnwood for years as it was in an old family farmhouse...when my Folks renovated it I took it all and my Wife and I cleaned it and used it for the man room and a shed in the back yard that lloks like an old barn...

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Mike Trump said:
Check the bottom of the toy box. I've found mine there several times... :wink:
Unfortunately, we have 8 laundry tubs and two pack'n plays stuffed full of toys. The wife and are discussing hiring a private investigator.

I'm married and everything, but if there was a Martin Guy Contest, I'm voting for Bowtroll with that resume! :thumbs_up

·
Only visiting this planet
4,216 Posts
bowtroll, you rock!
That's just the sort of ammunition I need to convince my wife how I'm not going crazy on this archery/bowhunting thing.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I can't take pictures of mine cause its too dark and I can't really move around in there...the closet...thats right, went from a whole room to a closet...my 3yr old gets her own room, a play room, and the den...the new baby gets my man room and now I have a closet... :(

Soon I will take over the house! (when she's not home)
*insert Man Song*

·
Registered
636 Posts
My whole house is my man room! I have elk horns in the dining room, turkey fans in the living room and a goat in the main hallway, gun cabinet in the office, ducks in the bed room.

But....all Hoppes related activity goes to the garage. She just can't stand the smell of Hoppes. And beer is ingested outdoors...no alcohol allowed in the house (there's a story to go with that law...had something to do with holes in the wall). Not much of a fun man house...is it? LOL

Nate

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Holy cow dude! That is a sweet setup. More ideas than I know what to do with now.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts