Archery Talk Forum banner

Man, someone identify this for me.

2531 Views 52 Replies 43 Participants Last post by  Whitefeather
Went outside to do some target practice this afternoon and this is what I found on my target. It was very slow moving and it actually had wings which took me by surprise. It flew and landed on a patio umbrella and I snapped some pics.

Wicked looking thing, especially the "horn-like" things on it's back. It also could move it's neck in and out and side to side, kind of like a turtle.

What is it, anyone know?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

10,284 Posts
I Know...

Went outside to do some target practice this afternoon and this is what I found on my target. It was very slow moving and it actually had wings which took me by surprise. It flew and landed on a patio umbrella and I snapped some pics.

Wicked looking thing, especially the "horn-like" things on it's back. It also could move it's neck in and out and side to side, kind of like a turtle.

What is it, anyone know?
Its a Bug Silly! :tongue: :darkbeer:

· Registered
503 Posts
That is called an assassin bug or wheelbug. They are similar to stink bugs but bigger, long and bite! they are truely carnivorous.

· Registered
14,752 Posts
i don't know the name ,,but its not a stink bug.

· Registered
975 Posts
Stink Bug, Wheel Bug or True Bug?

I call them Stink Bugs, but I do no that if they get in your garden, squash, zucchini's (sp?), or other ground growing veg, your garden is done. They are the hardest bugs to get rid of and they will destroy everything real quick! It happened to me one year, I hate them.:mad:

My question is if indeed it is a Wheel Bug, then are they related to a Stink Bug?

· Registered
756 Posts
Stink Bug, Wheel Bug or True Bug?

I call them Stink Bugs, but I do no that if they get in your garden, squash, zucchini's (sp?), or other ground growing veg, your garden is done. They are the hardest bugs to get rid of and they will destroy everything real quick! It happened to me one year, I hate them.:mad:

My question is if indeed it is a Wheel Bug, then are they related to a Stink Bug?
These bugs actually eat other insects. Here is a link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel_bug

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.