Archery Talk Forum banner

Man,,,what a class act.....

596 11
Got the chance to meet Byron Ferguson today, boy , talk about a class act. He is a true archery role model for anyone. And, he's an ok shot,,,,,,:wink: I would love to spend a week shooting with him but he would probly knock me over the head and say there's no hope:eek: If you get the chance to see him, i'd do it....:darkbeer:
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Classifieds Administrator
39,607 Posts
He is a true assest to archery and his shooting skills are unreal. Amazing what him and that recurve can do.

Glad you got to meet him. Seen a seminar of his few weeks back, great guy!

· Registered
862 Posts
He shoots a Ferguson recurve. It is made be his son. He has a website if you want to buy one like it.

· Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would say he could shoot well with a popsicle stick with a dental floss string if he wanted to. But he did say he prefers the howard hill style longbows. That's what he was shooting. Hate to sound like a groupie,,,:mg: But, i was impressed.

· Registered
1,880 Posts
I met him about 4 yrs ago and thought he was an asset to the industry then I saw a show he put on at the IL deer classic and he blindfolded a kid on stage then when he took the blind fold off the arrow was pointing at the kid to scare him then he turned it on the crowd telling the kid to throw plated in a joking manner and he would shoot them.Well this may not bother some but a group of us got up and walked out heck of a thing to teach new archers when he may be foreseen as a role model to them also thought it was not to smart just to do something like this.

· State With Little Bucks
12,122 Posts
I would say he could shoot well with a popsicle stick with a dental floss string if he wanted to. But he did say he prefers the howard hill style longbows. That's what he was shooting. Hate to sound like a groupie,,,:mg: But, i was impressed.
I thought he had his own line of longbows...
It is unreal what he can do with a 72lb longbow...:eek:

· Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I met him about 4 yrs ago and thought he was an asset to the industry then I saw a show he put on at the IL deer classic and he blindfolded a kid on stage then when he took the blind fold off the arrow was pointing at the kid to scare him then he turned it on the crowd telling the kid to throw plated in a joking manner and he would shoot them.Well this may not bother some but a group of us got up and walked out heck of a thing to teach new archers when he may be foreseen as a role model to them also thought it was not to smart just to do something like this.
Did the same stunt today,,,arrow was not on the string,,,no one walked out. And , he explained all the safety rules also. :darkbeer:

· Registered
1,880 Posts
Did the same stunt today,,,arrow was not on the string,,,no one walked out. And , he explained all the safety rules also. :darkbeer:
Arrow was on the string when he did it when I was their but this was a few yrs back maybe he just made a mistake it happens,but dont think i will be going to any of his shows anylonger arrow or not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.