Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife gave me 8 suare ft of my man cave to start an archery workshop. i made a list of things that i think i need to get started. any help on things i missed or ideas on which manufacturers i should look at will be greatly appreciated.
bow vise
bow press
bow spuare
nock pliers and nocks
d loop pliers and material
4' level and tape measeure
hoyt tuning specs and related literature
did i miss anything? thanks in advance!:darkbeer:

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I just finished setting up my Girl Cave (oh yeah, we’re supposed to prefer wells....). Anyway, don’t forget to add a fletcher, a good overhead lighting system, a magnifying light if you have 40+ year-old eyes, draw board (still have to make that one), and a copy of Easton’s tuning guide. Good luck and have fun creating your space!!

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I just finished setting up my Girl Cave (oh yeah, we’re supposed to prefer wells....). Anyway, don’t forget to add a fletcher, a good overhead lighting system, a magnifying light if you have 40+ year-old eyes, draw board (still have to make that one), and a copy of Easton’s tuning guide. Good luck and have fun creating your space!!
Any one know where I can download this? I used to have it and it is a great tool to have handy.
Thanks
John

·
Registered
284 Posts
A really nice work bench (made or bought) is gonna be needed for all these goodies!!!! Ya man cave!!!!:darkbeer: We will need pics when your done.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Thanks! I'll look again, must have missed it.
John

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
digital scale for draw weight
paper tuner (pvc and parchment paper work well)
laptop or tv/dvd player to watch your tuning videos
dial caliper if you're setting up a target scope scales
small shop-vac if you use an arrow saw (you do not want to inhale the carbon dust!)

Oh yeah, a backstop if you shoot in your mancave. Lord knows "stuff" happens when you're shooting indoors. Long live the "man cave"...:darkbeer:

·
Registered
11,715 Posts
Digital scale for weighing components...arrow spinner to check for straightness...G5 arrow squarer (?)...paper tuner...whew! you got quite a shopping list there young man.:wink:

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
Digital scale for weighing components...arrow spinner to check for straightness...G5 arrow squarer (?)...paper tuner...whew! you got quite a shopping list there young man.:wink:
+1 forgot them

alcohol and acetone for cleaning arrows
box cutter or other type of fletching remover
broadhead sharpener
LARGER MANCAVE :wink:

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,524 Posts
my wife gave me 8 suare ft of my man cave to start an archery workshop. i made a list of things that i think i need to get started. any help on things i missed or ideas on which manufacturers i should look at will be greatly appreciated.
bow vise
bow press
bow spuare
nock pliers and nocks
d loop pliers and material
4' level and tape measeure
hoyt tuning specs and related literature
did i miss anything? thanks in advance!:darkbeer:
"8 square ft"? I hope you meant 80 square feet! Because 8 sq. ft. is less than 3'x3'. I have half of a 26' x 26' garage and I'm crowded.

If you must have a pair of D-loop pliers I'll sell you mine for $10 TYD.

- Center serving material and serving tool.
- Extra fiber for sights in a variety of sizes.
- Long handled hex wrench or socket wrench for turning limb bolts.
- Lithium grease.
- A good set of allen wrenches. Mostly smaller and long. There seems to be a ton of small hex screws and set screws on a bow, release and sights.
- Arrow fletcher. Bitzenberger straight clamp.
- Vanes and fletching glue. I use brush on rubberized super glues.
- G5 ASD. You MUST have arrow that are square at both ends.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Just come to the LAS Classic with a credit card and I will show you what you need :D

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
no really 8 sq ft! 4'x2'. :eek:
PHP:
i saw a honey-comb hideout about that size...only the boots wouldn't fit inside... hahahahahaaaaa....

4 x 2 ..??... make sure you get a contract with upgrade-options.. !!

·
Trojan Matriarch....
17,156 Posts
PHP:
i saw a honey-comb hideout about that size...only the boots wouldn't fit inside... hahahahahaaaaa....

4 x 2 ..??... make sure you get a contract with upgrade-options.. !!
:ROFLMAO:

I'm still trying to figure out what she did, or what she wants... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
You got to up grade before you even start.......you got to have room for a fridge, easy-boy, and a TV in order to call it a proper mancave.:cool::darkbeer:

Man up, put your foot down and demand a 8x8 mancave!!:tongue:

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Kavo,
I actually saw a pretty decent compact workstation on another thread that would probably fit your space well. Space belongs to Craigthor and the link was Draw board parts. Let's see if I can get this picture to transfer over....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts