Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased I new house the basement is partly finished and one of the finished rooms I have called dibs on. I have a bow press that has been sitting in my shed for some time and I will be happy to set it up finally. I am just curious for ideas or if anyone feels comfortable to post pics of there mancave/garage space.

·
Ad Meliora
19,026 Posts
The search feature is your friend…here’s a few I found real quick….

·
Registered
26,119 Posts
I started with a work bench as the core of my man cave.....a surface to lay out items, attach a bow vice or press and store hand tools and materials. Since you have a bow press, you likely have some hand tools such as a T-handle allen wrench set, various pliers, utility knife, nail clippers for fine cutting, lighter or grill starter for flame, etc. My BTM press can be setup horizontally or vertically, so I mounted it on an old school stool with a bum foot that the custodian gave me for getting it out of his way. This press also has a draw board feature, so I don't have that additional cost or space taker.

This is my backup OB XL in the BTM press....note the magnetic tool tray from Harbor Freight with sockets and ratchet for adjusting. On the left is my bicycle work station vice that is attached to the right end of my workbench.

This is most of a front view of my archery work bench with the old Spewing Jason bow vice that is now gone to someone else. In the upper right is my arrow spine tester, bow scale in box and arrow grain scale. Hand tools in the middle with a multi-shelf storage box with lots of archery stuff like broadheads, peeps, levels, Dloop material, etc. In the front is a pair of Bitz fletching jigs with an arrow being completed.

·
Registered
Isaiah 6:8
3,910 Posts
just a heads up

my wife and i got married in last august and bought our first house last september. i called dibs on the finished basement and she was in agreement that i could make it my archery man cave/work shop. well guess who never got full reign over that basement? yep, me. lol we were a little tight on space to put all of her t shirt/decal making equipment so what was supposed to be MY man cave archery room quickly turned into OUR "hobby room" as we call it lol. it is nice that we get to spend time together down there though

·
Registered
14 Posts
just a heads up

my wife and i got married in last august and bought our first house last september. i called dibs on the finished basement and she was in agreement that i could make it my archery man cave/work shop. well guess who never got full reign over that basement? yep, me. lol we were a little tight on space to put all of her t shirt/decal making equipment so what was supposed to be MY man cave archery room quickly turned into OUR "hobby room" as we call it lol. it is nice that we get to spend time together down there though
True that. Friends come over and sit, watch games with me in my cave. Then the wives end up in there with us all night playing darts and hanging out. Glad she enjoys it as well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts