Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been making some strings, and can't find anything that will satisfactorally mark the black 8125 string for serving. What does everyone use?:confused:

Mike

·
Registered
745 Posts
not quite sure what you mean? If you are talking about what to use to mark where to start your serve than I would suggest white out. I have been using it for years and it wipes off easy and it usually wears off what you don't wipe off.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I use a white out pen to lay out my serving marks. I make them longer so that I can stop the server when I reach the mark (about 1/4 - 1/2") and then use the tie off to cover the white out mark.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't seen the pens. That sounds like it might be thick enough to stay on. The other markers that I have tried have either not penetrated or soaked into the treads. I will have to look one of them up. I did have some luck with silicone pipe thread wrap. I just removed it after I had the serving finished. It is a little difficult to get on though, especially if you have all thumbs.:D Thanks.

Mike

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,420 Posts
Sharpie Metallic...

... works great on any type material and color :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I agree with "White OUt". Works for me. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

P.S.
I also mark the position of my cam, in relation to the limbs, for a quick string creep check with "White Out".

·
Registered
815 Posts
I make strings and I have never even thought of marking the string with something. I use a tape measure (hook the tape over the post and measure). I might have to try the white out to see if that makes things go quicker.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
It's just a little easier to measure once and mark. Then you can go to town on the serving without having to keep measuring to see how much farther you have to go. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts