Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 08 marquis, which i bought new around a year ago. I hunt and do local comp. and i have placed in most of them. first of all i do really like this bow. BUT first the top limb had splinters comming out right were it connects to the bow. warenty repair. took 1 week. at a dealer

then bottom limb. same thing. NOW the top limb AGAIN. so back to the dealer again. I guss they are going to ship it back to bowtech. and i dont know whats going to happen from their. i have hopes of getting a new bow sent to me. in thoughts of having a lemon? i have read a few posts of the same prob but not 4 TIMES. truth be told im rather upset. all work had been done by autherised people. and i like to shoot compitation and its just like starting over every month. and a shoot or two behind everywone else. any thoughts on what bowtech might do. or if you have any thoughts on whats going on.

I do shoot alot, around 300 shots a week. and im shure the marquis can handle that.

thanks in advance :)

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
I love my Marquis......no problems so far.

Great bow!!!

I am sure Diamond will take care of the problem for you.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Limbs

Whenever we do warranty work on Limbs, Bowtech, they send us a set of limbs (both) to replace.

I would check your arrows and make sure they aren't too light spined and also what press is the shop using to replace them??
I may get beat up over this BUT, for the limbs to break there, it is from being pressed, either wrong or in an old press not made for newer bows.

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Whenever we do warranty work on Limbs, Bowtech, they send us a set of limbs (both) to replace.

I would check your arrows and make sure they aren't too light spined and also what press is the shop using to replace them??
I may get beat up over this BUT, for the limbs to break there, it is from being pressed, either wrong or in an old press not made for newer bows.
This....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

i shoot 30 in draw and beman isc hunter 340. with a 100g tip. they had a new fancy bow press. but they did press it like 7 times to get the string on. he said it was a spider web. ?? and took him many trys.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
4 sets of limbs...........something is wrong, and it isn't the bow.

There isn't a bow made by anyone out there that isn't of high quality. True, there are failures but those that naturally happen are very few and far between.

99% of the time, regardless of manufacturer, you see limbs fail where they meet the riser. These are a result of improper pressing (I know, everyone presses their bow correctly or takes it to a shop where they all know what they're doing, much the same way as nobody torques a bow as they shoot it so I'm not about to get into a debate with anybody).

For you to be on your 4th set I would look fro someone else to service the bow.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4 sets of limbs...........something is wrong, and it isn't the bow.

There isn't a bow made by anyone out there that isn't of high quality. True, there are failures but those that naturally happen are very few and far between.

99% of the time, regardless of manufacturer, you see limbs fail where they meet the riser. These are a result of improper pressing (I know, everyone presses their bow correctly or takes it to a shop where they all know what they're doing, much the same way as nobody torques a bow as they shoot it so I'm not about to get into a debate with anybody).

For you to be on your 4th set I would look fro someone else to service the bow.
both upper and lower limbs were replaced each time. and as far as taking to a diff shop. their are only 3 shops in 200. miles of me. and the only other one is cabelas. and i dont think i want them working on it. my buddy has had many problems their. any oppinion on what bowteck might do. fix and mail back orrrr? i love this bow just not a fan of the probles I am having

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
press

Bowtech may fix it again, not sure.

The shop or person who presses the bow needs to use the "finger" style press on that bow.

EZ press or similar.

Stay away from presses that put pressure on the limbs where they meet the riser.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got my bow back today and bowtech replaced everything but the risor. even the cams and string. shot good, so lets just hope i dont have any more splinterd limbs. and i moved it down from 70.lbs to 63.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Hope it works out for ya man. The Marquis was my first bow. Still have it but barely shoot it. Might whip it out for hunting. Fortunately for me I got kind of a freak bow. 60 lb IBO'ed at 331, 30 ", needless to say I was happy. Great little bow

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
Marquis...great bow...that's why Diamond/Bow Tech dropped it.

I wish someone would explain to me that after dropping the Marquis Diamond didn't come up with a good replacement.

BTW...it is a great bow...imho.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
They haven't came out with anything close to it spec wise. But, have you shot the Ice Man? Might be the smoother, quietest, deadest bow I have shot. Just a little too short for my mongaloid self.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts