Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any info about Marshall County area? We are thinking about hunting the WIHAs near Marysville next year, and would like some input if anyone has any. Thanks...

·
Registered
80 Posts
hunted there this year

found it to be pressured significally more than other states i've hunted,(i only hunt public land)had to plan hunts around other hunters more.Also it took some getting use to as far as terrain.Was different than iowa, illinois, indiana or ohio,can be hard to find good trees to climb if you use a climber. Also i didnt see anywhere near the deer i typically see in the states i mentioned,but i did get a deer.I 'm not trying to discourage you, just sharing my experience, it was a tough hunt,but over all i had a good time,jury is still out on whether i go back to that area.If you go you may find it to be different because what i consider alot of pressure might not be to you.Wish you the best of luck wherever you choose to go.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
found it to be pressured significally more than other states i've hunted,(i only hunt public land)had to plan hunts around other hunters more.Also it took some getting use to as far as terrain.Was different than iowa, illinois, indiana or ohio,can be hard to find good trees to climb if you use a climber. Also i didnt see anywhere near the deer i typically see in the states i mentioned,but i did get a deer.I 'm not trying to discourage you, just sharing my experience, it was a tough hunt,but over all i had a good time,jury is still out on whether i go back to that area.If you go you may find it to be different because what i consider alot of pressure might not be to you.Wish you the best of luck wherever you choose to go.

When were you there? Got any advice on the different walk ins that you could send me in a PM? Good onse, bad ones, etc...

·
Registered
951 Posts
I would think Marshall County would be pretty good. It might get a lot of pressure from Manhattan, Ft. Riley, and Nebraska hunters who knows.
The locals that I went to college with from around there were pretty protective of their land back in the day too.

There's a lot of WIHA in KS, just make sure that what you want to hunt is open for deer. I've seen out of staters bow hunting on 'youth dove only WIHA', and ignorance is no excuse, so be careful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts