13,354 Posts
Smart move by Martin.

·
Rattle Yer Head!
1,257 Posts

·
Free spirit
2,926 Posts
Being pulled out of the trash can by a company that is circling the drain itself, what could possibly go wrong...

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Nobody wants to die alone.:wink:
Dang near fell outta my chair :set1_rolf2: . So now some private equity firm owns 2 bow companies :set1_thinking: . Well on the bright side, i guess the least they can do is pump Martin and Obsession with more money to last them a little bit longer. At one point last year i did think about buying an Obsession but then heard rumors of bankruptcy. And with all this going on now probably wouldn't be purchasing any bows from either of them with a definite uncertain future.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The new Martin is a good company.
Putting out some good bows.
Hopefully they can do something with obsession.

·
Registered
19,025 Posts
They need to worry more about Martin than waste time trying to bring Obsession along at the same time. But now the equity firm will have 2 write off's.

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
I will agree they do look better than anything they have made for decades. But since it
doesn’t look like they make anything left handed I couldn’t buy one if I wanted to.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I will agree they do look better than anything they have made for decades. But since it
doesn’t look like they make anything left handed I couldn’t buy one if I wanted to.
Martin currently has NINE different left handed models available.
Been awhile since you looked at their website?

DK

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I agree. I recently tried an Adix 30. It was a nice hunting bow. I had to deal with the company to replace a cam and it went smooth and they were very helpful. I ended sending down the road because they only use one limb stop on the bottom cam and I didn't like how the top cam had no draw stop at all. Just personal preference, it was a very well made bow.

I hope they do well. I hate to see bow manufacturers go out of business. This is a small niche market and competition is good. I would like to see some technology swap between the two brands. Something like a Martin riser and limbs with an obsession two track binary cam system.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Mad Arrow Slinger
10,667 Posts
I've owned a few Obsession bows and they were great bows> Time will tell!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Interesting, last i new obsession was struggling and on the verge of bankruptcy. Been seeing more and more people shoot Martins lately. Unfortunately there’s no dealers for Martin by me so I haven’t had a chance to try anything.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I don’t want to sound like a hater but how the hell is Martin still around? I’ve been in archery for 15 years and have been working in the industry for the last 3 and I’ve never even seen a Martin bow, shooter or even hanging on a pro shop wall. Again not hating, just curious how they could make a move like this?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Dang near fell outta my chair :set1_rolf2: . So now some private equity firm owns 2 bow companies :set1_thinking: . Well on the bright side, i guess the least they can do is pump Martin and Obsession with more money to last them a little bit longer. At one point last year i did think about buying an Obsession but then heard rumors of bankruptcy. And with all this going on now probably wouldn't be purchasing any bows from either of them with a definite uncertain future.
Big jon sports bought Martin Archery. I don't think they are or are owned by a private equity firm.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts