Archery Talk Forum banner

Martin Archery is getting skunked in Baton Rouge...

2137 Views 28 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  HC Archery
I wish Martin would do something about a good "Pro" dealer in this area. The only place that sells Martin doesn't stock them. They say "Pick out the Martin bow you want and we can order it for you" ...That stinks. Why can't I shoot a bow before I buy it?

I will have to drive to the other side of Lafayette (1 hour and 15 minutes) or to Covington at leat 1 hour or more to shoot a Martin. Of course I could go to Cabela's, 10 minutes away or Bass Pro, 25 minutes away and buy there but of course I'll have to explain to the sales person what a riser is (it actually happened). NO WAY will I buy my set from them!

So your regional sales rep needs to get busy and start trying to be buddies with the right people. PLEASE COME TO BATON ROUGE!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
2,754 Posts
Lafayette, IN needs your help too.

They do have one pro shop that sells Mathews, Hoyt, and PSE. I would love to be able to buy my next Martin from them.

We do have Sportsman's Wharehouse that appears to be selling some Pro bows but it doesn't appear they are a pro dealer. They get one bow from "somewhere" and everyone in town shoots and abuses it. If you want to buy a bow that is the one you get. They will not order you a new bow, nor can they get all models.

PM me if you want the name of the good good/real pro shop and I'll get you the name, address, and phone number.

· Registered
16 Posts
Im in the same boat here in Austin Texas...sent an email to Martin last week regarding the issue, but no response. I want to actually shoot a Martin before I buy it. Didnt do that with my Cheetah, luckly turned out to be a good bow, but im not doing that with a higher end,more expensive bow. Its sad, but they just lost a customer simply b/c I cant shoot it first.Doesnt matter how fast,smooth, great a bow claims to be, if I cant draw it in my hand before I purchase it, im not going to buy.

· Banned
8,373 Posts
im in arizona and would love to shoot a few martins and find one for me. But I have to drive 200 miles to the only place that sells the pro models. SO if I ever needed any warranty work done id be out of luck
You would never be out of warranty with a Martin bow. Any shop willing to help you can perform warranty work should the need arise.

· Registered
2,280 Posts
There is always the option of filling out a forum and becoming the Martin dealer in your area.

I am sure Joel or Pug will put you in contact with a rep in your state.

· Ready To Hunt
2,467 Posts
I ordered my bow from one of the box stores because the closest dealer was 2 hours away. I took it to my local shop that deals in Bowtech and they where more than happy to set everything up (cam lean, poundage, peep, ect.).

Believe it or not he didn't even charge me for anything. He just wanted to shoot it a few times to see what it was like. To my surprise we was very impressed and had only good things to say about it :thumb:

· Registered
7,320 Posts
I guess your talking about Bowie Outfitters. Jay James is a good guy and a damn good archer. I asked him about why be a martin dealer and not have any. His simple answer was....demand. We don't have any demand for them. Everyone wants Hoyt, Mathews and PSE. he was impressed with my S4 and my buddy's Pantera and said he wished he could convince the owners to carry a few.

BTW...who is the Martin dealer on the other side of Lafayette? I don't know a Martin dealer in my area. The closest I know of is Scott and Son in Boiser.

· Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I guess your talking about Bowie Outfitters. Jay James is a good guy and a damn good archer. I asked him about why be a martin dealer and not have any. His simple answer was....demand. We don't have any demand for them. Everyone wants Hoyt, Mathews and PSE. he was impressed with my S4 and my buddy's Pantera and said he wished he could convince the owners to carry a few.

BTW...who is the Martin dealer on the other side of Lafayette? I don't know a Martin dealer in my area. The closest I know of is Scott and Son in Boiser.
Yes I know Jay and I like him. He is a good guy and a good archer. He has a lot of knowledge and willingly shares it. He works real hard for his customers. I shot my first 5 spot tournament with him (different shooter category of course) and he was very helpful. I buy a lot of my accessories at Bowies. He explained the same thing to me that people come in asking for one of the more popular name bows while he would have to hard sell the Martin line. I understand that but Martin is definately in the game with their line up from '08 to '09 and they are missing a big market share here (IMHO).

Heres the information on that bow shop:
Bayouland Bowhunters
908 Ridge Rd # 4
Duson, LA 70529
(337) 993-8284‎

I've never been there. They are listed as a Martin Dealer on Martin's website. Bowies is no longer listed (just noticed that)

· Registered
7,320 Posts
Yes I know Jay and I like him. He is a good guy and a good archer. He has a lot of knowledge and willingly shares it. He works real hard for his customers. I shot my first 5 spot tournament with him (different shooter category of course) and he was very helpful. I buy a lot of my accessories at Bowies. He explained the same thing to me that people come in asking for one of the more popular name bows while he would have to hard sell the Martin line. I understand that but Martin is definately in the game with their line up from '08 to '09 and they are missing a big market share here (IMHO).

Heres the information on that bow shop:
Bayouland Bowhunters
908 Ridge Rd # 4
Duson, LA 70529
(337) 993-8284‎

I've never been there. They are listed as a Martin Dealer on Martin's website. Bowies is no longer listed (just noticed that)

Oh you mean Brandon's shop!!! Brandon is great! He set up my first bow when he worked at Lafayette shooters. We hunted alot and I was a regular at his shop. I didn't know he was a martin dealer. He teased me when I walked in there with my S4 for the first time. Told me it was to pretty to shoot in his shop and there were to many cabes. Of course his main line is Bowtech.

· Registered
8,662 Posts
You all said it but you didn't get it. They don't stock because people arn't asking for them. What do you want Martin to do they put out a great line of bows but people want to spend hundreds more for bows. If you can convince me that I can trust you then I might send you one of mine to test.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.