Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Moab compound bow from Martin more than 2 months ago and I really don't see the day I will receive it. Does Martin goes bankrupt ? Does Martin always have that (very very) long delivery time. I am really upset about this situation and I am thinking about cancelling my order. It is unacceptable to laugh at their client like that way.

By the way, I am looking for a 35-50# bow, 30-32 inchs (draw length), brace heigth more than 7", very good precision for junior competition (inside and outside, < 17 years old). For concentric target and 3D animals. What do you suggest me to buy ? My budget is 500-700$.

Thank you very much for your help.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
There's a phone number on their website. Why don't you give them a call? What could it hurt???

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Martin

did you order the bow from a dealer ? local shop ? mail order ? what? I dont understand the long wait times to get a bow either. I waited over two&half months for a bow this winter!

·
Registered
51,715 Posts
Seriously, 17 years old with a 30-32" draw------I'm going to say take that youngster and have his draw length checked-----I'll bet he isn't even that close, if he is that long you have more problems than just a bow. I did notice last year Martin was extremely slow on delivery hope they have it worked out this year.:D

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
Idk.....i've waited that long at times on ordering on other brands......some times it depends on what bows there machines are running.Some times they have to shut them down and restart to make another type of bow.......least thats what i've been told....makes sence.

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
If you ordered a 60-70lb hunting bow, with a 28-29" DL, two months is a long time to wait.

If you ordered from a dealer who waited for a couple of weeks, or longer, because they were cash short (which happens), that may be part of the delay.

If you ordered something unusual, or a specific color on a low volume "spot special" two months is nothing. I've ordered Hoyts that took 4-5 months in the past, and they are a long way from being outa' business.

As this is your debut post, you may want to check similar threads for a sniff of reality.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Boy if thats the case- (Martin must be going bankrupt because its been 2 months), then Hoyt must be too, I know guys going on 6 weeks for BC Alphamaxes...and Bowtech's too...And Elite, and... how long did the Monster take?

Not trying to be a jerk, but thats some seriously flawed logic/reasoning.

Bottom line- right after the ATA show (Jan-Feb) is the ABSOLUTE WORST TIME to order a bow during the year from ANY manufacturer. They have just recieved thousands of orders for bows from dealers all over the country/world. You just have to wait in line and suck it up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't know it was the worst time to order a compound bow (my first time in my life). My son is waiting for it since that time...he practices with traditionnal bow with any sight... and he missed many junior competition..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Idk.....i've waited that long at times on ordering on other brands......some times it depends on what bows there machines are running.Some times they have to shut them down and restart to make another type of bow.......least thats what i've been told....makes sence.
thanks for the information

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
"Martin archery: to go bankrupt ?"

That's a little cheaky for your first post don't you think?
Are you aware this web site is owned and operated by Martin Archery?
Use the telephone as suggested. Could be your dealer is at fault in this situation.

·
6,778 Posts
Is that normal to wait that time (and probably longer) ? Could Martin be in bad economical position to supply their bows ? Must I change company ?
I can tell you now...no financial worries on Martins part. High demand equals longer wait times...trust me, stick it out, it will be worth it. Call them and talk to them to get some answers, I'm sure they would help you out.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
My buddys bow took 3 weeks and his was a moab. Nice bow by the way. I would be getting on my dealer to find out where it is and what the hold up is. Good luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you ordered a 60-70lb hunting bow, with a 28-29" DL, two months is a long time to wait.

If you ordered from a dealer who waited for a couple of weeks, or longer, because they were cash short (which happens), that may be part of the delay.

If you ordered something unusual, or a specific color on a low volume "spot special" two months is nothing. I've ordered Hoyts that took 4-5 months in the past, and they are a long way from being outa' business.

As this is your debut post, you may want to check similar threads for a sniff of reality.
Thanks for your reply. My Moab got nothing special but it's a 2009. I had hard time to find something that can fit for my 12 years old son. He can pull 35# and it's draw length is 30-31"... therea are not many manufacturers that make that kind of bows.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maybe the long time delivery is caused by the fact I live in Canada ? but 3 weeks vs 8 weeks, it's big !!! Thanks !

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.