Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All !

I'm new to archery and to this forum so please excuse the dumb questions.

I picked up an entry level bow to get started shooting. I started to buy a Baer at walley world, but decided against it. Instead I picked up a used Martin bow, complete with case, nice Cobra release, wrist protector, dozen corbon arrows, fiber optic sights, amd more.
I would like some help identifying this bow. On the handle is a picture of a tiger, so I assumed it was the Jaguar series bow, however when I research the Jaguar series they show only one cam. This bow has two cams ? It has advantage printed beside the handle, wood grip and the string guide is mounted below / under the grip

Can you give me your best guess at what I have ?

Thanks

Sooner

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Welcome to A.T .... I'm not sure what the bow is, but you definetely came to the right place. The folks from Martin are on the forum. You might try sending a P.M to archeryhistory. Or contact Martin archery. They are very helpful. Enjoy your new bow.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It is a Martin Jaguar with the Z cam system. About 3-4 years old.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yep Jaguar with Z cams I have one as well.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
You many not know this, but despite reading a lot of threads promoting other bow, Martin Archery created this web site.

Welcome aboard!!

You have a great bow and it will serve you well properly setup.

·
Registered
11,288 Posts
i had one that looked just like it. Good shootin bow, killed many deer with it and i wish i would have never sold it!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the help !!

I took the bow to the pro-shop today and tried to have the draw length set, but they did not have the right modules, and was not sure where to get them.
Any help on where to get the modules would be appreciated.

Otherwise, I had the bow completely gone over, draw weight set and sighted in. First time I shot a compound bow was today after the repairs, I shot ten arrows in a 6" circle at 20 yards. I know thats nothing for you guy's, but I was happy !!

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Modules,

Just have your dealer give us a call, and we can get you the modules you need! Thanks

PUG

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks PUG !

Considering the factory tag is gone, Sportsman Warehouse has no idea what year / model / spec's this bow is. I sure wish there were some way to get a new tag ?? Could you help with this, or is it not important ?? I appreciate you help

Sooner

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
tag...

Sooner44 said:
Thanks PUG !

Considering the factory tag is gone, Sportsman Warehouse has no idea what year / model / spec's this bow is. I sure wish there were some way to get a new tag ?? Could you help with this, or is it not important ?? I appreciate you help

Sooner
We can hook that up for ya..:)

PUG

·
has been that never was
14,362 Posts
Sooner44, have you or are you going to shoot at Trosper? Let me know if you have not and sometime we can meet at the indoor range. You can check it out and work on tuning that beauty up.. :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts