Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is an unbaised review, take it for what its worth..

my dad finally got his bengal in about 3 weeks ago..

after we got it all setup, i went out and shot it about 100 times, i paper tuned, walkback tuned it, etc.

it is a great shooting bow, at 20 yards, it grouped quarter size groups, and it seems to really spit them out there to..

draw
draw was very smooth, at #70 it felt like it was 50#. i had to check to make sure it had the right limbs on it..

grip
i could deff. do without the rubber grip, it just aint for me.. although it was nice , i just would pefer if they put side plates on it..

strings
strings were deff. the worse thing about this bow,. alot of rotation, a lot of it... and they are not the best quality. loud, and you can hear the twang on the shot. one of of the cables didnt even have any twists in it. its the correct lenght, just no twists,.. deff. getting some aftermarket strings for this.. martin really needs to step up to the plate and get better strings..

pros
nice draw, smooth, lightweight, really balanced, and queit,

cons
strings not the best quallity, (if you buy this bow, you should really invest in some aftermarket strings),grip, i just didnt like the rubber grip, had a hard time staying consitent..

here is my opinion, again take it for what its worth..

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Tried the RH Model and loved everything about accept like you said about string and grip are normal for factory supplied; but I use a archery glove on my right hand anyways and always purchase after market strings................:wink:

Now if they'll just get us Lefty's on track :tongue: Seems like Nov. 1st is so far away:cry:

·
Banned
8,373 Posts
You should be able to get the strings to cooperate with some shooting and fine tuning. If the bow is still giving any troubles just give us a call and we would be happy to help you. You can also order the Bengal with the Thermal Elite grips instead of the rubber grip.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I just got a bengal thru UPS delivered. I ordered it as last minute bow because I needed to drop the weight due to shoulder problems.

I'm not sold on it. The finish on it looks like a 3 year old did it with a crayon. There are big chunks of the dip or whatever they do the came with on it in places.

No way this bow could have been sold for full price on the showroom floor. Wonder if they keep these to ship to people who can't see them ahead of time.

It doesn't speak quality right off the bat for sure. I think I'm gonna put it up in the classifieds next week and just take the shipping loss.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
bob101 said:
I just got a bengal thru UPS delivered. I ordered it as last minute bow because I needed to drop the weight due to shoulder problems.

I'm not sold on it. The finish on it looks like a 3 year old did it with a crayon. There are big chunks of the dip or whatever they do the came with on it in places.

No way this bow could have been sold for full price on the showroom floor. Wonder if they keep these to ship to people who can't see them ahead of time.

It doesn't speak quality right off the bat for sure. I think I'm gonna put it up in the classifieds next week and just take the shipping loss.
every company can make an error, please contact joelc or Martin Archery and they'll make it right! :wink:

·
Banned
8,373 Posts
bob101 said:

That is hard to believe that it is in the condition you describe. Give me a call on Monday (I am not at work or I would do it today)and I will let you know what to do to get a replacement. If Monday is too much of a wait call Josh or Phil and tell them I sent you thier way. 1-800-541-8902

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Joel C said:
That is hard to believe that it is in the condition you describe. Give me a call on Monday and I will let you know what to do to get a replacement.
Now that's Martin customer service at it's finest speed.....:eek:

·
Registered
381 Posts
That is hard to believe that it is in the condition you describe. Give me a call on Monday (I am not at work or I would do it today)and I will let you know what to do to get a replacement. If Monday is too much of a wait call Josh or Phil and tell them I sent you thier way. 1-800-541-8902

indeed, give us a call we would be more than happy to get this taken care of

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
May be hard for you to beleive but I'm looking at it.

The two opposing limb pocket corners - one on the top and the opposite side on the bottom look like they were hit with a die grinder or something and it's bare metal and the square corner ground down. The camo is starting to peel here. Is there a reason for that?

In a couple of places there are what appear to be "strings" in the came dark splotches maybe 1/16" thick maybe thicker.

Like I said not impressed. Everyone makes mistakes but you would think someone might notice considering when I opened the box someone standing there who knows nothing about bows said "look at that" while it was still wrapped in plastic about the bare metal spots. Then throw in the fact you stamp someone's name on the bow that assembled it I think they might have noticed it.

·
Banned
8,373 Posts
bob101 said:
May be hard for you to beleive but I'm looking at it.

The two opposing limb pocket corners - one on the top and the opposite side on the bottom look like they were hit with a die grinder or something and it's bare metal and the square corner ground down. The camo is starting to peel here. Is there a reason for that?

In a couple of places there are what appear to be "strings" in the came dark splotches maybe 1/16" thick maybe thicker.

Like I said not impressed. Everyone makes mistakes but you would think someone might notice considering when I opened the box someone standing there who knows nothing about bows said "look at that" while it was still wrapped in plastic about the bare metal spots. Then throw in the fact you stamp someone's name on the bow that assembled it I think they might have noticed it.
OK...do you want a new one? Check your PM's

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Bengal Question

Joel C,
I have Archers Advantage and Im trying to figure what arrow setup to use with my new Bengal. AA doesnt have the Bengal info in its software yet. Can you tell me what bow/cams is simlair to the Bengal.

Thanks
Vince

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
First Class Service

Joel C said:
OK...do you want a new one? Check your PM's
I wish the rest of the world had that mindset on attempting to make unhappy customers happy.
I've never owned a Martin bow :eek: but that's an impressive attempt to mend fences.
Manufacturing and Quality Control can screw up. They're human.
I know that it cost you money but Martin is stepping up to make you satisfied.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
See this is what I love about Martin.

Extreme quality bows, accurate, great looking.

If you ever get a bow with something wrong with it, they make it right.

No questions asked.

How can you not be satisfied with a Martin bow?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Looks like we have a certified basher instead of a player here folks. Ole
Bob101 has not said, yep make it good. He just bashes :)

Joel,

Send me one instead, I will treat it right and give credit where credit is due :)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hey Joel, while we're at it, how about a little more draw length on that cam?

PLEASE????? :D
(I said it nice, didn't i?)

·
Registered
343 Posts
I got mine wednesday and i still have a smile on my face i cant wipe off. this is a sweet shooting bow for just 400 bucks and there isnt to my knowledge another company that makes a bow with this many features for this price. Martin you have outdone yourselves and gained a new customer for life.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Martin customer service, got to love it.

I plan on upgrading from my Jaguar this next summer, can anyone guess which company I'll be sticking with?

The fact that they're in Walla Walla is pretty nice too. :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
never owned a martin bow. I'm not loyal to any brand, and I DO NOT BUY $600 and up bows. With that quick of a response, and offering a quick replacement, I will look hard at their line up for my next bow.

Keep that up!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts