Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been trying to talk my wife into letting me get a new bengal. Not going so well yet but im trying. Any ideas from all of you "PROS" out there? What can i do to get her to give in? In the mean time could you guys post some pics of your bengal setups. Also let me know what speed you guys are getting out of yours. Thanks alot maybe soon i will have one of my own!:cry:

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
Ask for a top of the line Hoyt as a negotiating point ($1200 vs $400:wink: ).

I haven't chrono'd mine yet. If I remember right, others were getting 260-280 with hunting weight arrows.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Would love to hear how you like yours if/when you get it - I'm shooting a 2004 Jaguar that I had been pretty happy with, until I went down to the neighbors and they were shooting their Bowtech and Mathews, and I was astounded how much quicker theirs were. I instantly thought, "Dang, I need a new bow!" and was thinking about going to shoot the Bengal.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Clean out your closets and sell a bunch of stuff on ebay to pay for part of it. It worked for me.

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
22jdub said:
Clean out HER closets and sell a bunch of stuff on ebay to pay for part of it. It worked for me.
:wink:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Its always better to ask for forgiveness then permission.

·
Registered
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm tryin for maybe christmas. I keep tellin her thats what i want for christmas and my birthday combined because my b-day is in Jan. But she keeps saying that if i get it for christmas that ill want all of the accessories for my birthday. I've told her that i will keep everything off of my old bow, and that i wont buy ANY new stuff for this one:wink: and plus she keeps saying that the bow i have now will last another 10 years:eek: it is on its second set of limbs and the top one is starting to crack again! I've been told it could be a bent riser and if it is then i think the bengal will be much safer:tongue:

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
nybohunter said:
Jarred,

Here is my Bengal, I sold a few other toys to pick this up. I haven't had a chance to shoot it through a crono.
That bow looks badder than a Bowtech!!! What are the specs? Aint that the one thats only 400 bucks?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
man that sure looks sweet!!!
I was thinking about the Trykon this year but glad I waited now I've got to go and shoot one of htese Bengal's to see how it compares.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'm very happy with my Bengal especially after my bow shop corrected the arrow rest. The bow has a smooth draw and is quieter since the rest is now straight. Can't wait for the season to start!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, Guys.. Ya'll do not know how to get to a woman....
You need to prove to her that SHE is your everything and not your archery equipment. Once you do this SUCCESSFULLY, she will do anything to make you happy. You need to bring her flowers (not just once, but weekly) and tell her that you could not live w/o her love.. You keep this up for several weeks or months and I promise you, she will be much more understanding and you will get more out of her!!!:wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts