Archery Talk Forum banner

Martin Bengal......

598 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Huntermyers

Hey guys, has anyone shot the above mentioned bow. I got to finally shoot one the other night @Cabelas. SHot hard, but had tons of hand shock. Course the bow had no string suppression, or vibration dampeners. Overall was totally impressed with the bow. SO iguess my question is will the dampeners settle this down? Like it way better than the Bear bows I shot. Am getting rid of my 06 Allegiance. Anyway, liked the Martin bow best till i shot the Katera. Wow..... kinda says it all. Never been a big fan of Hoyt since the Rambo. Am still trying to get over the short brace height!!!! :embara: THoughts?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
I've got all the dampeners and suppressors on my Cheetah (nearly identical to the Bengal) and it shoots wonderfully with little hand shock whatsoever. Both the Bengal and Cheetah are great bows for the money.... heck, they're just great bows!!! :tongue:

Registered
That bow was way out of tune. The Bengal has virtually no hand shock. What do you mean shot hard?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That bow was way out of tune. The Bengal has virtually no hand shock. What do you mean shot hard?

I mean it had good speed and hit HARD. Martin has always been a favorite of mine, as the Bobcat was the my first real bow.

Registered
If that bow had hand shock it was out of tune.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If that bow had hand shock it was out of tune.
Seriously.... it had lots of hand shock. Actually, kinda suprised me. However it could of been totally out of tune. THe guy just grabbed it off the rack, put a drop on it and let me shoot it. Still am leaning towards it. Really liked the bow alot. :)

Time Flies
Bengal

Any bow with parallel limbs and a round single cam will be smooth with little hand shock. That's just the design of the bow, and the fact that parallel limbs expend energy up and down versus back to front, means that they will have little hand shock. The bow you shot must have been out of tune, because I had one for about 6 months, and it was absolutely great. Shot really well, was very quiet and very dependable. The only reason I got rid of it was because with my short draw length, I wanted a bow that had a bit more speed, so I bought a Slayer Extreme. You won't be disappointed with the Bengal or any of Martin's parallel limb bows (MOAB, Cheetah, Bengal, etc...)

Registered
Have them check the tune on it If they know what they are doing. Then shoot it you shouldnt have any hand shock. If you can fing a pro series dealer look at the Moab. If you realy want speed look at the Fire Cat.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thank You Gentleman for all of your responses. Greatly apreciate all of your insights. Probably will end up tuning it myself, due to the fact or lack of Martin dealers in my area. :darkbeer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.