Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the Phantom bow is all that is necessary to shoot a cable guard is to stick a cable guard in either top or bottom hole and remove two of the cables from the Fury X cam or Nitrous X cam and build a split yoke cable harness?
Thanks,
Jbird

·
Lowered expectations
16,488 Posts
I'm just looking at converting my Scepter II FuryXs into regular Furys.

I think it would be beneficial to remove the left side (RH shooter) modules off the X cams and shift the cam a bit left with spacers so as to center the cam on the axle. If you leave the X system on, the remaining cables will be a bit more right than you might want, leading to excessive cam lean.

Never done it for myself, though, so I'd also like to hear some input from someone who has.

·
Premium Member
5,745 Posts
Jay,

I've done it the other way around on 3 bows. Converted them from regular to X systems.

Cable length will be the same, as you said you'll just need a couple of split yoke cables. On the Modules, remove the left side mods, and you'll need to replace the mod screws with slightly shorter ones. Stick a cable guard into the riser, add a slide and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dennis

I've got a beautiful blue Phantom that I have had for years and I am going to send it down to my son to shoot indoors this year. I never liked the shoot thru for indoors but loved it outdoors with skinny arrows. He wants to shoot 4
inch feathers on fat shafts and you can't get clearance without going to the wide axles which then tick your arm. I guess he could get douvawappi's from
Dave Barnsdale but the cable guard is easy if you make your own buss cables. Interesting that I shot with GRIV and Jimmy Butts a couple of weeks ago and Jimmy was shooting the P3 with Nitrous cams but used the cable guard rather than the X configuration. Jimmy shot a 557 field round in continuous rain. Amazing.
Jay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts