Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
carbon rage
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i,m new to the forums and cant really find any info on the carbon rage. i think its a dicks sporting goods package. anyone have any feedback on this bow. i did see it has same cams and design as the carbon stratos. any feedback good or bad is much appreciated.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Those are pretty cool bows! You can change the cams for bow fishing by moving the mod screw into the hole that has the fish, it will change the way it lets off. It is a true 2-cam bow, meaning that you will want to keep an eye on the timing. They draw stop pegs should both hit the limbs at the same time at full draw. If not, with the pegs on the same number on the cams, adjust the cable length so they hit at the same time. When you adjust the draw weight, you leave the screw that goes through the limb pockets screwed all the way in and you adjust the screw that is about 4" from the end of the riser. Good luck and enjoy your bow! Dean

·
Registered
248 Posts
i did see it has same cams and design as the carbon stratos.
If it has limb stops, it is a re-named Chameleon Carbon. Martin makes a lot of box store packages with renamed bows.

·
Registered
carbon rage
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the input its been a big help. to set the draw weight properly do i need to start with the limb bolt all the way in and cam module set at 27 (etc=50 lbs) and do i need a bow press to do so

·
Registered
248 Posts
Starting with the limb bolts all the way is how you get a common starting point if you need to lower the draw weight. just count how many turns you make, then make the same on the other.
That bow doesn't need a press to adjust the module, or even replace strings.The actual adjustment bolt is the one closest to the cam, and is designed to be long enough to completely relax the bow for maintenance.

·
Registered
746 Posts
One other thing, the max draw weight changes as you change the drawlength. It would be maximum at 30", and decreases about 3# per inch that you decrease the drawlength. Then you have about 15# of adjustment by adjusting the limb adjusting bolts.

·
Registered
carbon rage
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
t
One other thing, the max draw weight changes as you change the drawlength. It would be maximum at 30", and decreases about 3# per inch that you decrease the drawlength. Then you have about 15# of adjustment by adjusting the limb adjusting bolts.
thank you i will keep that in mind

1 - 12 of 12 Posts