Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember the post that I made a couple of weeks ago about the bottom cam on my Tru-Arc cams breaking. Well, it has been two and a half weeks now and my bow is still at the shop without the new cams. I have been told twice now that "they should be in this week". I am starting to get tired of hearing the same thing when I asked if my bow is ready yet. I ahve also contacted the local Martin rep for my area and still no progress is being made. He did tell me that if my cams were not in by week end to give him a call. The opener here in KY is three weeks away and I have yet to shoot my broadheads! :mg: What should I do to light a fire under someone so I can get my bow back? I need it bad!!!

·
Registered
33,384 Posts
This is the busiest time of year for all the bow companies. archers get there bows out of the closet and find out they need some repairs.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Customer Service

Hey man consider the fire lit.....

Gimme the details and I'll get on it first thing in the morning!

PUG

·
Registered
749 Posts
When I had my Razor X with Tru Arc Cams, I broke two lower cams. The first one I waited for 7 weeks and the second time I waited 9 weeks. And this wasn't just before hunting season. The second time. I ordered an UltraTec two weeks after I ordered the new cam for the Broken X and I recieved the Hoyt 2 weeks BEFORE I got the cam. Just food for thought. How you take it is your choice.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
And to think I was told by Martin that there was no problems with the TRU Arc cams...Huh. Best thing I did was ditch that bow before I had to deal with it breaking. Mine was brand new, just out of the box not even set-up. Almost immediately I read on this very site about TRU Arcs breaking. I contacted Martin through my dealer about getting a different style of cam, one that isn't cracking when used. They denied any problems with them, and told be shoot it til it breaks. Yet I read about it frequently on sites like this one, and my dealer has had customers bring in bows with broken TRU Arcs.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Martin

they are bad it took them over 4 weeks to get me a axle. just a axle.. any way i got rid of the bow just because of that service. now i'm just waiting on my new pearson pride . :thumbs_up

·
Registered
134 Posts
The things you fellows are talking about have never been our experience with Martin Archery in 20 years.
We call and get parts in a few UPS days.
I do not shoot a tru arc cam and am not familiar with it ,as such. But I have changed just about everything on a bow many times and customer service from Martin Archery was never a problem, and I cannot understand where the heck this comes from. The fellow above (Pug) works there and I will bet by now has taken action on this problem.

I would like to point out my observsation herein, concerning any problem with any bow from any company. What is a problem with a product and the design?
We get on here and read a thread like this and assume there is a substantial design flaw. Probably not a good yard stick for a problem. If you believe that line of thinking there is a problem with just about every bow, all the sights, certainly the arrow rests, bow quivers ain't no good. Targets are terrible,women are mean and the sun ain't coming up tomorrow.
Maybe there are 18 broken widgets in a production run of a hundred thousand. Want to bet you read about half of them on here?
We are using the forums as a bludgeon to fix anything we encounter, or don't like. How many threads are there here, now, on this forum. Active and semi active about this very thing. All you have to do is plug in a different name.

I think the right way is to contact your dealer, first.
If you do not get timely satisfaction, call customer service at the company that built your problem.
Get a name!!!!!!!!!! Note the time and date on a note. Get a name!!!!
Ask when your part will be shipped and how it will be shipped. UPS ground? FedEx next day by 9:30. How??? Ask them for a tracking number.
We are obviously on the net and can follow a tracking number pretty easily.
Sometimes , someone does drop the ball. BUT, who did that????? Was it the manufacturere? Was it the dealer?
How long does it take to package your broken part, send a part back, them to process the return and issue the part replacement, ship back the replacement and the dealer to call you.
How about if a dealer gets the part on Monday and ships all returns on Friday??? FOur or five days to get the part (BUSINESS days)two to process and ship, four or five (business days) to get back to the dealer, he calls you the next day.
With the above info you can get some timely, reasonable action. I would bet an apology as well, in most cases.
Bowpro

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
If PUG says the fire is lit, than the fire is lit.

I suspect that most of the problems are with dealers, not with Martin. Many of the local shops get busy and they are dealing with making money this time of year, not dealing with broken cams. Too many of them would rather sell you a new bow than get replacement parts.

I can't even count the number of times that I have heard someone tell a shop that bow "brand X" has a problem and the shop tells them that "yea, we saw that happening so we suggest "brand Y" and we suggest you sell "brand X" on e-bay. Then the next guy comes in and complains about "brand Y" and he is told to buy "brand x".

Neither Martin, nor any of the other hundred bow brands, can screen out the bad/unethical shops completely. So rember, let the buyer beware.

I also see the same type of post showing up with other bow makers, and, to be quite honest, it is getting old. Before we start flaming the "Brand", let's do what bowpro suggest and get a name, shipping date, method of shipment, tracking number, and watch just how fast repairs can really be done. I'll bet that the dealer has not even called to get repairs.

And for the record, PUG is the man to get things done at Martin. If he says it will be done, it IS done. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pug did pm me and things are being handled. And for those of you who have posted, I did take the bow to the shop where I bought. They are Martin only dealers. They are not pushing anyone to buy another brand of bow, only Martin. As I said in my earlier post, I have been told twice now that the cams "are on the way". I talked to Tom Luntz who is the Martin Rep for my area. he was the one that told me that there was not much he could do. I would have to wait it out until the end of the week and then check back with him. I simply wanted to ensure that my cams were indeed "on the way" as promised. And futhermore, I am not bashing the product. I work for a large custom motorcycle wheel manufacturer and understand that things are going to happen and those things are very sparatic (sp). I love the bow. That is why I am so eager to get it back. Any more questions?

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Re: Cusotmer Service

We beleive we have the best customer service in the industry. However we are only human and we do make mistakes. All I can say is that we will do whatever it takes to make sure every Martin customer is happy with whatever product they purchase. If anybody ever has any questions all they have to do is ask.

Thanks for the kind words Steve!...Make sure to send me some pics of your successes this fall!

PUG

·
Registered
193 Posts
Martin Archery

I haven't heard many things bad about Martin and I don't recall hearing one bad thing about their customer service, I know a rep for them and he's stand up guy. There may be a few things that aren't coming out here, does Martin have those parts in stock? Your dealer should ask this question first. That may be the hang up, but in any event the dealer sold you the bow and ultimately should make you happy. You have a relationship with the shop, not so much with Martin. I'm not saying Martin doesn't have to make you happy or they don't want a relationship with you. Take it to the person who sold you the bow, he's got to make you happy. The responsibility here lay with the dealer, he's your interpretor, your pimp, your agent, etc. The dealer is also Martin's point man, their quarterback, their battle front, their pilot, etc.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I can honestly say my dealings were through Martin directly, as the phone # was given to me here on AT from PUG I believe. My dealer also talked to Martin about helping me out, and even he walked away disgusted. He advised me to sell the bow and I did. The dealer wasn't at fault, there was and continues to be a problem with the TRU Arcs to this day. If they choose to ignore the problem that's wrong. I know my case is an isolated one, and that I'm in the absolute lowest % of customers who will run into this type of problem. Martin is a great company, and in the future I would do business with them again, just won't be a TRU Arc cam. :wink: Obviously they won't fix a faulty design that hasn't failed...YET! But since the bow was brand new, even my dealer couldn't understand their reluctance to help me out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts