·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Martin Shooters please vote on your level of satisfaction from Martin Archery

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,420 Posts
Martin Archery has always gone above and beyond for me... I will be shooting their bows for a long, long time. :)

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
In all the many years I shot martin bows competitively
and for hunting I never once had an unpleasant experience
with their customer service.. they bend over backwards to
make the customer happy.. they could not have been more
professional or courteous in handling any issues that ever
arose with my equipment...
They are the cream of the crop.. certainly the best at
customer support imho....pse is a close second though..
I could name a few companies that are not nearly as customer
service oriented but for the sake of this particular thread,
you can't do any better than Martin........the best in the business.
I'm sorry to say I don't even own a Martin currently but it
certainly isn't because of their customer support.. that scepterlll
is looking mighty sweet lately...

·
Banned
50 Posts
I personally had a very bad experience with Martin. I bought a used bow. The limb cracked right away.

I was hoping they would give me some new limbs and they did. The wrong weight. I called them twice to check and make sure they gave me what I needed. But they didnt.

I decided to sell it and had a bunch of problems because the limbs were not the right draw weight.

I am sure it was a goof up but I called 2 times to double check on the order and their mistake caused me a world of aggravation so I wont buy another Martin no matter what.

Rick

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
PSE

Let me get this right. You bought a bow USED and Martin GAVE you limbs for it and you are complaining? They didn't have to give you anything. Martins service is the best of any large manufacturer. I have had few problems and every one was resolved quickly by people who routinely go out of their way to make sure their customers are happy.
Jbird

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Martin

Martin takes care of it's people. By far the best company I have worked with, and I have had to deal with most every manufacturer in the business. Like the others have said, Martin will go the extra mile for the customer and you are treated like family, not a number.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Great Customer Service

My Scepter III came in after a long wait(left hand). On One of the Elite limbs there was a very small crack by the tip which my local pro shop dressed up withsome super glue.

I contacted GRIV on this sight just to make sure it would be OKAY to shoot the bow and the reply was to shoot it through the bow season and then they would replace it when the season was over.

The limb may never fail but it is nice to know they will replace if I feel the need. I probably will just because it bothers me a little to know the crack exists. The point is they were great about it.

Martin Service is five star *****

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
PSEfan - don't be such a harda$$! When the inevitable happens and your PSE breaks and then someone screws up - who's bow you gonna use then? Matthews? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
We do all we can to provide the best customer service but it is not possible to keep everyone happy. I had a man call one time that had droped his bow in a river and wanted us to replace it a no charge. He could not understand why we would not cover it under warraty.
Another man ran over his recurve bow with his truck and wanted us to repalce it. It still had the gravel pressed it to areas of the handle. I guess it takes all kinds.

·
Registered
713 Posts
archeryhistory said:
Another man ran over his recurve bow with his truck and wanted us to repalce it. It still had the gravel pressed it to areas of the handle. I guess it takes all kinds.
:eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad:

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Since this was not my bow, I will not vote in the poll but I will relate an incident that I was directly involved in.

A friend had purchased a Jaguar Magnum with the Fusion Cam. After we had shot it through my chrongraph we were all impressed with the bow's speed, smoothness and how quite it was. This bow actuallly shot its advertised speed! After this, I convinced another friend it was time to upgrade his equipment. He ordered the Jaguar Magnum exactly like the first. Same cam, same draw length, same draw weight. After waiting four weeks and no bow he told the local dealer to cancel his order. He drove 90 miles to the next nearest dealer and purchased the bow. They had just got a shipment of them in. It was now two weeks till bow season. The proshop set the bow up for him so it was ready to shoot as soon as he reurned home. This was on a friday. I met him at his house with the chronograph and was there for the first arrow through the bow. When he shot the first shot a piece of paint the size of a fifty cents peice came off the handle. The bow shot 30 fps slower than the first Jaguar. It was also louder. We looked the bow over and could not see any thing wrong with it. The limbs were seated in their sockets, the cams weren't leaning. He continued shooting the bow for about fifty times. By this time most of the paint on the limbs and handle had flaked off. The top limb had also developed a crack. He went inside and called Martin customer service. They told him they would priority ship one to him. This was friday evening. When he returned home from work on monday Martin had left a message on his phone that they needed his credit card #. They would charge the new bow to his credit card and then remove the charge when they received the damaged bow. This was reasonable. It was too late to call them that night so he had his wife call them the next morning. They told her the bow would be there before friday.
Well friday came and no bow. I was in his living room when he called Martin to find out what was going on. They told him that they had changed their minds and that he would have to go back to the Proshop were he bought the bow and they would have to send it back. Needless to say he was not very happy. They had made him wait a week without calling to let him know this. If he had not followed up he may never have known. As an after thought he called and checked his credit card, they had charged his card on the day he had given them the number. He called Martin back, and by this time he was PO'ed. At first they said that they had not charged his card. When he told them that he had checked and that they had, he was told it was too late that day to do anything about it but that they would take care of it monday and call him when they did.
We took the bow back to the Proshop where he had purchased it the next day. In direct contrast to Martin's customer service the Proshop was great. They refunded his money and knocked 40 bucks off a High Country so he could get it for the same price.
So finally a week before the season he had a bow. Martin never did call him back but when he checked with his card company they had removed the charge.
As a side note the first Jaguar Magnum has also lost some of it's paint.
In fairness the Proshop did say that this was the first time that they had ever heard of someone getting such poor service from Martin. They said that Martin was usually at the top of the list for good customer service.

·
Registered
75 Posts
great service

nothing but great service from martin, I only live about 1 hour away from martin so going there is not a big deal, my father purchased an mv2 from a member of this board, when we received it the bow would not shoot straight. we drove to martin archery and they looked it over and determined the fury cams were warped. they replaced the cams for free!!! even on a used bow. I had 1 other simaler experience with a cracked limb, they took care of it and gave a tour of the factory while we waited. Martin service is #1

·
Registered
337 Posts
Martin service

I believe the customer service is the best! I sent back a ScepterII bow because the photofinish had worn around the riser. They not only replaced the riser but gave me a new string and set of cables as well! They were excellent to deal with and were first rate with their communication! I cannott say enogh good things about their service!! The local rep is a great guy also, Jim Despart, always willing to go the "Extra Mile" to see that people are happy with their Martin equipment!! It is refreshing to see a company that takes pride in their service as well as their product!

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
44/7 as of Sunday Night

44 Votes giving Martin great Positive Customer Service against about a 83% rating ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, very high

44 for 7 against that Super

Thisis about Normal and a feather inthe Cap of the fine folks at Martin Archery

Tink

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
91% Monday

Whopping 91%

Do you allremember a weekor two ago I mentioend that a good Customer Service plan willhave a 91% Ratign It was wellbeofre I posted the rest of the Polls

Outstanding Matrin

TINK

·
Registered
97 Posts
Martin my thumb HURTS

ok here is my story about five 2002 bows bought though a archery shop. Five different people ordered five different bows all martins. They were all different colors and styles. I will say my bow arrived early than there. Martin said it was cause mine was camo and the others were anodized. Theres came in at least a month later. The bows shoot very good. no problems when we got them. only complaint is that the bow grip wore a blister on all of ours thumbs. it did not matter if it was a lefty or righty. I am gald that the 2003 were different with the gribs. My thumb thanks Martin for listening, cause i called about my thumb. if i was holding it wrong or something. but the 2003 works great.
Doug R

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have not had need for service yet and hopefully won't. However, I ordered a bow last monday from a dealer who was out-of-stock. The dealer said Martin would drop ship the bow to me. I called Martin this AM, one week from my initial order, to check the status. Martin said the bow shipped last Friday. That sure seems like excellent service to me.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Martin has excelent products and service . Kudos to PUG you guys are great , going above and beyond what the other companies have for service , I would recomend them to anyone with the slightest intrest in archery . This sight is just another bonus .

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Hoyt and Martin,

You are not the only one who had a sore thumb. That issue was our top priority last year. I think we have it licked pretty good. Wait until you see what our focus was for this year....

Thanks to everybody for the review. Customer service is the hardest job in the plant, and most callers are not calling in to tell you that you are doing a good job. I worked the phones for about 7 years along with all my other duties, and it is TOUGH. After about 150 calls in a day, for everything imaginable under the sun, it is tough to remain focused, cheery, and helpful.

If you ever have any problem with any product and have to call the customer service line, ALWAYS remember be quick, to the point, and a little sugar politeness will get you a long way toward a solution to your problem.

Angry, menacing, calls because your string on a 25 year old bow broke, will not get you too far. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts