Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard how great Martin is on customer support but can't say I've seen it personally. Top and bottom cam bent on an Alien X and it took me 4 days worth of calling, leaving voicemails and waiting on hold. They told me to have a proshop call them and get parts and now they can't get ahold of Martin either, looks like I'll be sticking with the PSE.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shooting the bow.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Was it the cams or the mods.. I have a rytera nemesis and both top and bottom mods cracked on the inner lip and bent into the hybrix cam.. All I know is it is to bad..

·
Registered
281 Posts
I don't know if maybe they are real busy right now but I left a message early last week and still haven't been called back. Businesses do get busy sometimes. Sorry about your problem though.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have had the same problem sometimes when I got my bows fixed. I think it maybe from high volume of calls they receive and I have only talked to 2 different guys don't know if they have more then them in customer service. They did come through on every thing they said they would and at times very fast. had one bow break a week before season and they had the parts here in two days.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I know people/businesses get busy, pretty much just irritated here. No biggy.

·
Registered
487 Posts
that sucks man...i know how you feel trying to get your bow fixed...had a situation like that last year...thats pretty unusual for martin though....they must be swamped!!

·
Anti Fanboy
41,545 Posts
From some of the posts I've read on here It may be that they are behind on orders. I will attest to this. Had a problem with one of my bows and spoke to Joel C. He made sure it was covered under warranty even though I was not the original owner. They also have a tech named Geremy thats went out of his way to make things 100% right for me under the same circumstances. So yeah, I would give them a little time.

Bman.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
From some of the posts I've read on here It may be that they are behind on orders. I will attest to this. Had a problem with one of my bows and spoke to Joel C. He made sure it was covered under warranty even though I was not the original owner. They also have a tech named Geremy thats went out of his way to make things 100% right for me under the same circumstances. So yeah, I would give them a little time.

Bman.
Not downplaying the irritation factor, which must be huge, I'll say that a while ago in answer to a bow quality complaint someone had, Martin posted a response saying that they were making changes to solve the problem. So I could easily see a backorder clog situation resulting from that + orders from the ATA, making it difficult to get a response from them.

They don't usually send parts to an individual. You either go through a dealer or send the bow back to them yourself. I've done both. One way doesn't work better than another, just depends on how close you are to a dealer. From where I live, the bow takes a week to get there, a week to get back and 2-3 days at Martin. So if I send it in, I just assume 3 weeks before I get all tense.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Let me know what shop you took the bow it to and i will call him. Or you can call and talk to me at martin.

Geremy

·
Registered
65 Posts
Customer Service

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

I had an issue due to stupidity completely on my part last week. Sonja in customer service took care of me in no time. She mailed the parts to Average Joes and they had the cams replaced in a day. I was very, very happy with all involved. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The proshop I took it to is Hilltop Archery in Wingate, Indiana. He called me today to let me know he has left multiple messages over the last couple days at Martin. Hopefully he will get a call back tom. Thanks for the fill in on how busy they are though, I know right now a lot of places can be pretty busy in this economic climate due to lack of ability to have sufficient help.

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,117 Posts
Let me know what shop you took the bow it to and i will call him. Or you can call and talk to me at martin.

Geremy
This guy right here will take GREAT care of you!

I had Joel and Brandon assist me in the past! Awesome service! :thumb:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have to give it up to the customer service/warrenty/tech support at martin. I know sometimes its not the fastest responce but really u have to think about it 3 people just cant get back to all of the people whom call in everyday some issues take more time then others. From what I have noticed the people whom work back there bust their ass to go the extra mile for people who call in and need a little or a lot of help. So thanks to the tech people at martin you kick ass!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts