Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all

I woke up bright and early today with an idea in my head.

Has anyone built a Scepter 4 with 13 inch limbs and nitrous cams?

Im guessing the specs will be the same as the slayer with 13 inch limbs and nitrous cams, apart from the brace height.

If anyone has done this before did it work?

Those with lots of experience with Martins do you think it will work? Will the specs for A2A and string/cable lengths be the same as the 13 inch limb nitrous slayer.

My logic is that the S4 magnum with 14 inch limbs and nitrous cams have the same string/cable lengths as the 14 inch limb nitrous slayer.

Thanks to all who reply in advance

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
I don't remember if this bow has 14" or 13" limbs but it has been done....at least LeEarl has done it and I may setup one as a bow for out west next season....

I don't think the specs are the same as they are on the Slayer....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
seems kinda pointless to set up a bow that looks like close to a 9" bh with speed cams. Just my opinion

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
seems kinda pointless to set up a bow that looks like close to a 9" bh with speed cams. Just my opinion
That bow doesn't have a 9" brace.....

My S4 with those "speed cams" had a 7.5" brace...and it ain't slow..

Stick to the Hoyt questions please:wink:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats a nice looking bow BH.

Im in the middle of building one myself. I think with the shorter limbs the brace will be around 6.5-7 but i wish somene with more experience will share the right dimensions and specs.

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Thats a nice looking bow BH.

Im in the middle of building one myself. I think with the shorter limbs the brace will be around 6.5-7 but i wish somene with more experience will share the right dimensions and specs.

Thanks for the input
I have one w/ 16's and nitrous X A base :wink: BH is 8-1/2" ATA is 41. It shoots super smooth. It's for sale if you want it :tongue:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No thanks Im after on with either 13 or 14 inch limbs.

At the moment i want to know the dimensions and specs of the 13 inch limb version with nitrous B cams.

If yor bow has 65% mini X mods on it I will buy them though.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
That bow doesn't have a 9" brace.....

My S4 with those "speed cams" had a 7.5" brace...and it ain't slow..

Stick to the Hoyt questions please:wink:
:cow: Bullshizzle!

I agree with WiHoyt

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
S4 with SE limb cups and the 13" limbs with the nitrous i bet would be a smooth shooter!:wink:

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I'm thinking the brace would be around 53/4 6"with a cams. I have 2 S4's with 14" B cams , and they are sweet shooters for sure:)

·
Time Flies
13,281 Posts
S4 with 13 inch limbs

Of course it can be done. I wouldn't use the same specs as the Slayer with 13 inch limbs, though. The limb angles on the Scepter and Slayer are quite different, so changing the limb lengths by the same amount won't change the ATA the same amount on both bows. I know that when I had my Scepter set up with 14" Mag limbs, my ATA was about 37.5", so I would guess that with 13" limbs, it would be about 36.5" ATA. For string and cable lengths, I would use 38.25" or 38.5" cables, that should be about dead nuts.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
:cow: Bullshizzle!

I agree with WiHoyt
And like your boy Wi...you have no clue either...

the bow doesn't have a brace that high...I have seen the bow...and am building one for the fall.:embara:

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Of course it can be done. I wouldn't use the same specs as the Slayer with 13 inch limbs, though. The limb angles on the Scepter and Slayer are quite different, so changing the limb lengths by the same amount won't change the ATA the same amount on both bows. I know that when I had my Scepter set up with 14" Mag limbs, my ATA was about 37.5", so I would guess that with 13" limbs, it would be about 36.5" ATA. For string and cable lengths, I would use 38.25" or 38.5" cables, that should be about dead nuts.
I think the one that got built came out to 36.5" with the 13" limbs...don't remember the exact #....but it was shorter then 37".

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
How about a Martin that is at 8.25" brace and shoots 300fps at 60# :thumb: Not slow at all....
No...you can't be right...the Hoyt guys are....:ROFLMAO:

I still love that bow:D

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'll let you know

I have one with Mag limbs and B cams on the way. Should be here next week. I'll measure it when it comes in, but I'd bet BH and LeEarl are right :D

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
And like your boy Wi...you have no clue either...

the bow doesn't have a brace that high...I have seen the bow...and am building one for the fall.:embara:
No offense dude...but I did some measurments on your picture! If the bow does have a 7" brace height, then its axle to axle length will be 27.6"!

If it has a 9" brace height, it ATA will be 35.5"!

Just funnin' here, but lets just admit it. That bow has one big arse brace, or that is one short little sucker!!! :lol:

Edit: BTW, no way am I a Hoyt boy!!! :lol:

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
No offense dude...but I did some measurments on your picture! If the bow does have a 7" brace height, then its axle to axle length will be 27.6"!

If it has a 9" brace height, it ATA will be 35.5"!

Just funnin' here, but lets just admit it. That bow has one big arse brace, or that is one short little sucker!!! :lol:

Edit: BTW, no way am I a Hoyt boy!!! :lol:
I think the bow in that pic has the SE limb pockets, i don't know if it you can do it without the SE pockets, but that would certainly reduce the Brace Height quite a bit, and extend the AtA at the same time ! :darkbeer:

Where's LeEarl ??? :wink: :tongue:

Woody

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Mighty quiet in these parts!! :embara:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts