Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. I am shooting an 03 Jaguar w/ Z cams at 50 pounds (first bow), and the DL code on the limb reads "MP". By calculation I should be shooting a 27" draw. The bow feels very comfortable and I am shooting well and don't seem to be bending my neck. Can anyone tell me what the "MP" code means and/or is there a chart? Thanks in advance!

· Registered
7,785 Posts
Hi all. I am shooting an 03 Jaguar w/ Z cams at 50 pounds (first bow), and the DL code on the limb reads "MP". By calculation I should be shooting a 27" draw. The bow feels very comfortable and I am shooting well and don't seem to be bending my neck. Can anyone tell me what the "MP" code means and/or is there a chart? Thanks in advance!
MP means Multipile DL for that bow ,able to be changed with Moduals! You should be using the F3 Modual for 27"

Here is the link to the DL charts :
http://www.martinarchery.com/chart/2003chart/f_zmod-string.html

· Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! The charts say's I need the 4X, and mod reads "7X" which means the DL is 3" too long according to the chart! I bought the bow used and knew nothing about anything when I got it! From what I have read here this is a bad thing, ugh! Are Z mods still around? I am kinda pissed at my pro-shop, they said the length was perfect for me.

· Registered
6,155 Posts
Thanks! The charts say's I need the 4X, and mod reads "7X" which means the DL is 3" too long according to the chart! I bought the bow used and knew nothing about anything when I got it! From what I have read here this is a bad thing, ugh! Are Z mods still around? I am kinda pissed at my pro-shop, they said the length was perfect for me.
Is the shop where you bought the bow from a Martin dealer ? if so, they may have other mods there and can just swap them over for you ?

If you check the classifieds you might find some "Z" cam mods or you could also try a "want to buy" add in the classifieds ?

If you check with PUG or Joel C they may have some at the Martin factory ?

Another option would be to change the cams entirely to something more modern, the "Z" cams aren't too bad, but the back wall is a little too soft and spongy for my liking ?

Good Luck !

Woody

· Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice. I'll search out some 4X mods. I am planning on getting a new (to me) bow for 3D soon, so I don't want to dump too much $ into it - gotta save my pennies :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.