Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to buy a 2008 martin firecat loaded out at an extremely good price. The bow has never been in the woods and is supposed to be like new. I have read really good things about them but some people have trouble with the limbs. The price is $275. This is my first bow so should I go with this or find a different one? I dont have alot of money to spend on a bow at this point either so the offer looks good. I just dont want alot of trouble out of the bow.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Good Deal

That is a pretty good deal. Buy it. If by chance you do have problems, as the other person said, Martin will take care of you.

·
Registered
440 Posts
At that price i would probly definatly go for it. The only real problem i have with the bow is the plastic mold draw mods. I had to modify the mod to fit correctly. what ever you do... don't try to force the screws into the mod if you have to change draw. you will strip the plastic threads and then you will be screwed until you get a new one. Make sure you get the mods from the seller. the bow came with all of them or was suposed to. i used a file and sand paper to hit the high spots on the mod until the holes would line up correctly.

.... that was on a 2010. not sure about the 08 mods... may have a look see when looking it over

·
Registered
407 Posts
martin has a great reputation and great service along with great bows. thats a steal for a firecat.

·
Banned
690 Posts
I would pass & buy something I would have more confidence in. Just the fact your asking says your having doubts.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
At that price i would probly definatly go for it. The only real problem i have with the bow is the plastic mold draw mods. I had to modify the mod to fit correctly. what ever you do... don't try to force the screws into the mod if you have to change draw. you will strip the plastic threads and then you will be screwed until you get a new one. Make sure you get the mods from the seller. the bow came with all of them or was suposed to. i used a file and sand paper to hit the high spots on the mod until the holes would line up correctly.

.... that was on a 2010. not sure about the 08 mods... may have a look see when looking it over
mine had metal mods. no trouble with them.
o.p. that is a good deal I would buy it and start saving some coin to drop on some Barnsdale limbs.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Go with the firecat. A buddy of mine shoots one. He loves it and said he wouldn't trade it for anything.

Until I got a Rytera Nemesis........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought you had to be the original owner of a bow for them to replace the limbs if they cracked or for any replacement items?

·
Shaaaaazam!!
7,703 Posts
Sounds like a great deal.I just wanted to say one thing being its your 1st bow. Don't over bow yourself so to speak.Meaing don't get a heavier draw weight then needed or that you wont be able to handle. I made this mistake when i started.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I thought you had to be the original owner of a bow for them to replace the limbs if they cracked or for any replacement items?
no you dont have to be the original owner in order to get replacement limbs. Martin of coarse prefers that but it doesnt matter. if you have limb problems like say crackin just go to your Nearest martin dealer have them call and they can get you the replacement limbs for your bow.:teeth:

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
the 08 CAT cams dont have pastic mods they are metal.

that is a great bow i owned one. on of the sweetest cams setups ever! I loved the bow wehn i had it. wasnt anyhting i didnt like. for that price i would say go for and dont thnk twice! that is a great deal! good luck to you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok thanks guys. I feel better knowing that about the limbs now. the poundage is from 55-70 so i think i will be ok

1 - 16 of 16 Posts