Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new bow and was leaning towards the Martin Firecat. There aren't any dealers around here that carry the pro line of Martins so the only Martin I have had the chance to shoot is a cheetah, and my local Scheels would have to order in the firecat for me. I liked the way the cheetah felt and i realize the draw would be different with the firecat but are they built similar enough that I would be safe to go ahead and order the firecat.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
firecat

it makes good sense to shoot any bow before you purchase it. however the martin line is the exception to the rule with me. i have not owned one that i didnt like. on the other hand the cat cam on the firecat is going to to pull differenty than the mpro or m2pro. there is right much adjustment on all martin bows to fine tune. shoot one if you can-if not at least do a search on this site and you will find some good information on the cat cam. you will not find a finer bow for the price!

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Depending on where you areat, there may be someone close to you that has one.

It's too bad the bow isn't available close to you. I really like mine. However, after shooting a 5 spot league with it the last few weeks, I did notice that the cam does draw pretty ard. Not noticeable really until about the 9th or 10th end for me, but I am shooting it as I would hunt with it (60#).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts