Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Martin Pro Staff
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Martin Fury with straight limbs and the Fuzion cam. It has a 29" draw and 70lbs. I want to get a set of Fury-X cams for it. I talked with Martin and their tech guys said the limbs would work. I would just need to get a set of strings and cables made. They said they don't have any reference sheets going back to 1999. Does anyone know what length string and cables it would take? Can someone do a conversion and let me know? I was planning on getting some from Winner's Choice.

Thanks,

Clay

·
Martin Pro Staff
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Jim Despart??

Jim,

Do know if someone has these measurements or can they get them?

Thanks,

Clay

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,493 Posts
This is just a guess, but an educated one. I used the MV2 chart to come up with the following information. I used the MV2 because it has about a 40" A/A as does the Fury. Because the MV2 has about a one inch greater brace height I assumed the cam would have to be one size larger for the Fury to produce the same draw.

Fury X Cam #2
String Length = 55"
Cable Length = 41"

Those specs are for a 30" 2001 MV2 Fury X. I believe that should produce 29" on your bow. I can't be 100% sure because the chart calls for 3 different string lengths for the #1 #2 & #3 cams. The number 2 cam calls for the 55" string.

·
9,493 Posts
The 2001 Cougar also has similar specs to your bow, in fact is much closer than the MV2. The Cougar also calls for the #2 Fury X and a 55" string and a 41" cable. Even if off slightly some twisting one way or another should get you in the ballpark... To be safe you might even go with a 55 1/4" string and 41" cables.

Also, please note that I am talking about AMO draw lengths.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Good info Paul. I think you are real close on the cables. The string could very well end up being anywhere between 54 1/2"- 55 1/4". Should be a good setup.

·
Registered
115 Posts
price of fury x cams

Did Martin give you the cost of the fury x cams? I am thinking about doing the same thing with my martin cougar which has z cams.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I have 1999 spec charts but have never used them so can't help you out too much, don't know if they differentiate between what the cams are. I can scan them and send them to you if you want. Don't know if any of this is right but it lists a M-82 Fury with Fury cams at 29" with a #4 cam and 59" string and 41" cable. 27" is listed with a #2 cam, 55" string and 41" cable. Like I said I don't know if any of this is what you're looking for.

·
9,493 Posts
IroquoisArcher said:
I have 1999 spec charts but have never used them so can't help you out too much, don't know if they differentiate between what the cams are. I can scan them and send them to you if you want. Don't know if any of this is right but it lists a M-82 Fury with Fury cams at 29" with a #4 cam and 59" string and 41" cable. 27" is listed with a #2 cam, 55" string and 41" cable. Like I said I don't know if any of this is what you're looking for.
I found the specs as mentioned above on the Martin web site. They indeed call for a 59" string and 41" cable for the Fury with Fury cams... I do believe the specs in 1999 were long and not based on AMO draw, but who knows.

Anyway, here's the link to the chart. When you get there click the Fury Cams under the wheel specs.

http://www.martinarchery.com/chart/chart.html

One comment though. I'm reading the chart but it doesn't make sense based on the A to A and brace height of the bow. I believe my original guess will get you closer but I can't prove it.

·
9,493 Posts
If I remember correctly Martin switched to AMO specifications around 2000/2001 so it is possible that earlier charts may reflect "True" draw lengths, not AMO. This would make sense since true draw + 1 3/4" = AMO draw.

Perhaps one of the Martin folks could shed some light on the pre-2000 specs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts