Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The nearest Martin dealer is over 100 miles from me so maybe y'all can help me out.

The Martin Fury cams are standard cams that need a cable guard, right?

The Fury X cams are a shoot through cable system, right?

Anyone got any pics? The Martin site doesn't have any pics I can find.

I assume the if my assumptions above are correct, then shooting the Fury cams is best for hunting since feeding a broadhead through the shoot through cables could be a risky proposition. ( I suppose I could load backwards with the Fury X cams, eh???)

Comments....

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I have a shoot through system on my ProTec, and load arrows from the front. It's easy and natural, no inconvenience at all. The only problem would be if you are using a captive rest.

I would not hesitate to use a shoot through cable system for hunting. For one thing, the cables make it pretty much impossible to smack your jacket with the string and get a low shot.

Here is a pic of the Scepter III with Fury-X cams:

http://www.martinarchery.com/bows/sce.htm

Scott

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes you load the Fury-X bows "Backwards" there isn't enough room to get a fletched shaft between the string and cables not alone a broadhead. But FYI there is many that do use the Fury-X system for hunting.

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there plenty of room for 4" plastic vanes for hunting with the Fury X cams???

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Yes. The cable-to-cable distance is plenty. It's the string-to-cable distance that is a little narrow. This only applies to loading an arrow, not shooting.

If you have a captive rest, just feed the arrow through bacwards, holding it just behind the broadhead. Put the head through the rest, then move the arrow up to nock it.

Scott

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No captive rest on my current bow. I have no idea what rest I will put on the new one.

I'm really wanting a 3D/spot bow, but I may be pressed into hunting with it. I guess I'll wait until GRIV posts the new Martins next month. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts