Archery Talk Forum banner

Martin Hunter for $394 new?

647 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  bminn
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to get a hold of a Martin Hunter Recurve. So I got on Google shopping and typed "Martin Hunter Recurve" in the search bar. Then I chose the "sort by price: low to high" option for the grid view and the lowest price came up from a website called openseasongear.com. They are selling the Martin Hunter brand new for $393.99. This seems like a really low price because I was told the whole sale price of the Martin Hunter was more than that. Here is the link to it:

http://www.openseasongear.com/Hunter_Recurve_RH_60___62_in._p/2800160.htm

I just wanted to make sure this was legit before I made the purchase. Has anyone ever purchased anything from openseasongear.com?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,175 Posts
They were the cheapest when I bought my Savannah - I DID NOT buy from them simply because they do not give you a phone number or address for their business - some guy sitting in his basement, most likey - no thanks. I gave my money to 3Rivers. I would never buy from an online business which doesn't give a number and address - how do you complain - email?

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They were the cheapest when I bought my Savannah - I DID NOT buy from them simply because they do not give you a phone number or address for their business - some guy sitting in his basement, most likey - no thanks. I gave my money to 3Rivers. I would never buy from an online business which doesn't give a number and address - how do you complain - email?
Actually they do have an address and a phone number listed on their "about us" page. This is the link to that page:

http://www.openseasongear.com/aboutus.asp

Thanks for bringing that to my attention actually, I should give them a call to verify if they are legitimate. If anyone has ordered from there before please do let me know.

· Registered
314 Posts
I wonder if they are sellig old models off? I am sure that there are unsold bow from 2005 and such, maybe that is how they have them so cheap

but I did find a contact person and number

Open Season Gear was founded by some hunting and outdoor enthusiasts to be the ultimate source for outdoor and athletic gear.

Jim Duplantis - President
1788 Benningfield Drive
Marietta, GA 30064
678-488-3111
[email protected]

· Registered
115 Posts
Martin Hunter

Rich,
I just got off the phone with Tracy at Foxfire. He has cut down to Mon, Wed and Friday due to the lack of help on his farm. He said his site does need updated but he will sell the Martin Hunter for $420 to your door. Call and leave a message and he'll get back to you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.