Archery Talk Forum banner

martin Jaguar Take-Down

34050 Views 239 Replies 65 Participants Last post by  Devout
dose anyone have any info on the new Jaguar Take-Down good or bad or when it will be released thanks mike
1 - 20 of 240 Posts

· Registered
725 Posts
They are up for sale already. You can get one on a couple of different on-line web sites. I don't know how it shoots, but there is a guy on here who ordered some for his church youth group. When he gets them he will shoot them and let us all know what they are like. -Chris

· Registered
46 Posts
Guys the bow for sale now a there are 8 ordered thru the archery shop i shoot at.And the riser is from the jaguar compunded bow martin stopped makeing.Not sure how it will shoot.

Matin Venom 66"amo
50#@28"
carbon express heritage 90's

· Registered
2,061 Posts
They are up for sale already. You can get one on a couple of different on-line web sites.
You can order one.... does not mean you can get one. :(

there is a guy on here who ordered some for his church youth group. When he gets them he will shoot them and let us all know what they are like.

That is me. I and my kids are waiting, not so patiently, for them to arrive.

For several months we've been being told "the middle/end of March" so they should be here soon

· Registered
1,011 Posts
I want to know when they will be available from Martin. Just curious.
I called Martin on Friday, March 20 and they said they are having a hard time getting the parts for the bow, and another shipment is due to come in this month. By the sounds of it they're being imported. The person at Martin did not say when this month. I want to check one out too. You can't even order one from the Martin Online Store.

· Registered
2,061 Posts

· Registered
2,061 Posts
Spoke w/ some folks yesterday about the Jaguar Take Down....

A limited number of bows were shipped already, they are currenlty waiting on the next batch of limbs to arrive from "overseas". They are in a container, on a ship, in transit.

For those that want the limbs only, to make a recurve out of an existing riser, you need to order Part # C-19

· Registered
2,061 Posts
MADE IN USA.
What was conveyed to me was that they got overwhelmed (perhaps underestimated demand???) and could not make enough recurve limbs fast enough without negatively impacting their compound bow production. Makes good business sense to me. Don't get me wrong I'm about as patriotic as you would expect from a Sailor who volunteered for "shore duty" to Iraq and Kuwait... but if it comes down to "made in the USA" and waiting 6 months for a bow, or get it 3 months sooner because it was "Assembled in the US from foreign and domestic parts." I'm going for the bow sooner rather than later.

· Registered
96 Posts
too badd

well guys i hate to tell ya but i shot one a few days ago ,,and that darn thing is awesome...goin to get mine hopefully tom,,,very smooth shooter and well balanced..with the extra threaded holes for those who like accesiories..the grip is another awesome feature.....all i can say is the bow is fast,smooth,extremely well balanced, looks awesome,,and its a take down to boot...that camo is something else....and almost forgot that hand shock is lower than i expected.....i shot the 50 lb version. my first four shots with this bow were in the ten ring with three touching...of course that was only twelve yards so i give it a big thumbs up..plus i wanna be sure i can get the same arrows i tested in it lol,cause they sure liked that bow... .....hope this helps :D:D:Dalso they should be available since my local shop has about ten in stock right now.

· Registered
192 Posts
Lonehunter that is some good news, I put an order in for two a few months back , ((a 45# and a 55# ( to grow into ) )), I figured for the price order two,

Only problem is the waiting part.

My shop guy said the limbs looked suspiciously "italian" to him, and if so they should be a decent limb.

· Registered
96 Posts
cool

yeah just looking over the limbs i don't think there will be much of a problem lol,,unless someone abuses them..they look like higher quality limbs to me....so i'm gonna try em and hope for the best....i'm serious ,,i couldn't find one flaw on that whole bow,,,,,can't wait..:smile:

1 - 20 of 240 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.