Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I can get his Martin Jaguar http://www.shopatron.com/index/189.0.4769.2106.0.0.0

With 4 arrow quiver, sight, rest, and a buncha other stuff for under $200. Is this a good price for this bow, and what do you honestly think of it.

Please no posts if you are biased towards Martin for any reason just grade the bow.

also if I am posting this in the wrong forum let me know and I will move it.

Thanks
Kurt

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I used to have one a couple of years ago. The bow is DEFINATELY a shooter.

You'll enjoy it. Martin makes a quality product.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
What year is it? If it hs the single Fusion Cam or Dyna Cam, that is a good deal. The Jag is a sweet shooting light weight, short ATA bow, great for hunting.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cmherrmann said:
What year is it? If it hs the single Fusion Cam or Dyna Cam, that is a good deal. The Jag is a sweet shooting light weight, short ATA bow, great for hunting.
IT DOES have the single Dyna cam. I will be using it to deer hunt.

I will probably be posting a lot of newbie questions on here this is going to be my first bow ever, been a rifle hunter since I can remember and decided to make some sport out of it and get a bow. so thanks for all the help.

·
74,535 Posts
Good Bow

One of the most underated bows around today. I hunted one season with a cougar I got in a trade. Smooth shooter for sure.

No deer is safe :wink:

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
I just came in from shooting my backup bow. It is a 2003 Martin Jaguar Magnum set at 70 lbs. @ 26" draw. I have just installed a floating yoke cable and a new sims cable slide on it. It has sims limbsavers on it and cat whisker silencers and a D loop, that is it right now. I was amazed at how quite it is shooting and how smooth it is without a STS or even a stabilizer mounted on it. I was busting bulleyes as well with it as I do with my Mathews Outback.

It is a great bow and you quoted a really good price. I think you will be happy with it.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
cant go wrong with the jag , I shot many deer with it. I still kick myself in the butt for trading it. But my phantom is a close second.

short

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
With the Dyna Cam that is a great deal, that means it's either a 2004 or 2005 bow. If you decide you don't want it let me know the source because I would definetly buy it for that price. :teeth:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cmherrmann said:
With the Dyna Cam that is a great deal, that means it's either a 2004 or 2005 bow. If you decide you don't want it let me know the source because I would definetly buy it for that price. :teeth:
It is a 2005, all you need to do for that price is work at a sporting goods store in the "Lodge" hint hint, and be a DICK hint hint. it also might be bellow 197 but above 195. direct from factory.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I hunted with one for five years and loved it. $200... say hello to a good buy!

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
HaberstrohBVBC said:
It is a 2005, all you need to do for that price is work at a sporting goods store in the "Lodge" hint hint, and be a DICK hint hint. it also might be bellow 197 but above 195. direct from factory.

I knew I guy who worked there and he said that he got some really good deals, up to 50% off on a lot of stuff. Told my son that he had to get a part time job at one of the major sporting goods stores to support his habit, I can't afford to buy his and my toys. :teeth:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cmherrmann said:
I knew I guy who worked there and he said that he got some really good deals, up to 50% off on a lot of stuff. Told my son that he had to get a part time job at one of the major sporting goods stores to sup
port his habit, I can't afford to buy his and my toys. :teeth:
Yeah its preaty nice, especialy since the store that I am in was a Galyans untill we got bought out by them last year then we turned into a Dicks so the store is like 3 times the size of other dicks with 3 times as much stuff to wast my paychech on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts