Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably something for the Martin Tech gurus....
I'd like to know what the letters on the Martin limbs means (the number is obvious). Some of the bows have different letters depending on which cam size they use and so on.

H=???
L=???
M=???

Edit:
High, Low and Medium or something like that?

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Heavy(stiff), Medium(sorta stiff) and Light(not so stiff). ;) You go up ~3-4 lbs with each step, so if with your bow has 6L limbs that give you 60lbs peak draw, 6M limbs would give you aproximately 63-64lbs assuming no other changes.

7 is stiffer than a 6 etc. So going up in stiffness, you would have 6L, 6M, 6H, 7L, 7M, 7H, 8L etc

If you can get ahold of Martin's limb chart that will tell you every riser/limb/cam comination and the draw weight and length it will produce. Its nice to have.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see, thanks for the reply. I actually had one of those charts (might still have somewhere?) but cannot find it anywhere. If anyone would like to be nice and mail it to me I would be glad :D
My Slayr has 6L limbs yet the sticker says 55-70#. Funny thing is that the 2005 chart says H-limbs for all Slayr's. I don't have a scale so I'm not really sure of what I'm pulling...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts