Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am currently in possession of a 1987 Martin Archery Lynx M-38 compound bow with cams. It's never been shot before, painted all red including limbs and on the limbs are giant measurement markings. I'm not sure if this is standard on the bow or not.

Anyways, it's right handed. Anyone have any ideas on how much a bow like this is worth? $10, $100, $1000?
Thanks,
Keenan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DSC01507.jpg DSC01513.jpg DSC01511.jpg DSC01509.jpg DSC01508.jpg DSC01514.jpg

As you can see it isn't strung but this is probably because the strings got derailed or were removed over the years whether it be from moving from place to place or some other cause. Like i said, never has been shot before. string is literally brand new. It was given to my father by Martin for a photo shoot since my dad is a photographer.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
That is weird isn't it, i've never seen a bow with markings like that before, i wonder what they are for ?

The last pic looks like a ruler/tape measure with centimetres on one side and inches on the other, but i have no idea what the other marks are for.

This site is owned by Martin so there will probably be someone on here that can tell us more about it, if not you could send user "archeryhistory" a PM with a link to this thread and he would be able to tell you exactly what it is.

Woody

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I was thinking about: the markings. Also I don't think martin made this bow in all red I fluxing the limbs. But I could be wrong. The bow was never painted or anythin by a third party. The markings are original as well as the paint job. That is for the info on the historian guy. I'm new to threads... So what's a PM exactly? Lol.

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
PM archeryhistory but don't expect a reply time monday or tuesday he in in vegas. He will know what is uo with that bow.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
That's what I was thinking about: the markings. Also I don't think martin made this bow in all red I fluxing the limbs. But I could be wrong. The bow was never painted or anythin by a third party. The markings are original as well as the paint job. That is for the info on the historian guy. I'm new to threads... So what's a PM exactly? Lol.
A PM is a "personal message" that you can send to people on here, if you click on someones username it will come up with a few different options for you to choose from, one of them being a PM, if you do a search for "archeryhistory" and find a post that he has started or replied to, then you can just click on his username and send him a PM.

"archeryhistory" is actually one of the Martin family, i think it's Terry Martin, so he will know all there is to know about that bow, like if it was some kind of special edition bow or something like that.

Be sure to let us know if you find anything out as i'm curious to know more about it myself.

Woody

·
Registered
205 Posts
have you learned anything about the bow.

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
Find anything out yet?

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
I keep meaning to send a link to this post to "archeryhistory" but i keep forgetting, i have to go out now and coach some high school kids in archery, anyone else want to send the link instead because i will have probably forgotten about it again by the time i get back !

Woody

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
I keep meaning to send a link to this post to "archeryhistory" but i keep forgetting, i have to go out now and coach some high school kids in archery, anyone else want to send the link instead because i will have probably forgotten about it again by the time i get back !

Woody
I sent it and havent got a reply?

·
Registered
8,662 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I have the same bow in camo, I killed my first deer with it. The bow is now retired forever on the bow rack. I killed alot of deer with that bow. I would say your bow is worth $100 tops. Try to send a picture to Martin and find out what exactly the deal is with the bow and all the markings, someone there should be able to help you out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts