Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just aquired an "as-new" M/Lynx TD recurve, black riser & limbs with redish wedges in limb butts and tip overlays. #[email protected] 62"amo. I have enailed Martins tech and customer service for info but them may be swamped since hunting season is getting started.
This new bow has been hanging for years in the back room of a shop that has switched owners and delerships several times. I was able to get the bow for a song, so-to-speak and it has very quickly become the favorite in my collection
I'm trying to figure out when it was made, but there is no visible serial number? I'd like to know what type of woods are used in the limbs? I'd like to knowwhat kind of bowstring is appropriate to this bow? Were deluxe or custom versions made? Custom camo or paint work What accessories and documentation would have come with the bow? (over the years everything was lost or destroyed and I'd like to reconstruct it if possible. Especially I can't find a Martin safety-type bowstringer. The type that uses a rubber block/wedge to keep the limbs from twisting. I don't want to warp the limbs using a tip pouch type)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would suggest starting with a 60" flemish string, 16 strand would be a good start. You can purchase the stringer style you referred to at 3rivers archery. It is called the Limb Saver stringer. I use it on all my bows and it works great. I believe its around 10-12 bucks?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have a Lynx recurve just like it, only 60 @ 28. I use a 16 strand flemish dacron string.
I bought mine new in 1986 and it was available with white limbs and several riser colors, in 62 and 66" lengths I got no instructions/manual with my bow when I got it.
I believe the limbs are maple laminates , they were made from 1984 to about 1997.
I don't shoot mine much anymore, it developed a slight twist on the top limb.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doddsman, this one had a slight twist too. I guess that was why it never sold all those years. It was supposed to have been returned for credit by a long ago store mgr, who never got it done in time. the store had written it off long ago and kind of forgot about it untill I noticed it hanging behind a bunch of used outmoded compounds. I got it for a garage sale-type price, spent about 15 min straightening the limb and have been smiling and chuckeling ever since. Untwist yours and shoot it. or consider selling it to someone who will straighten it and treasure it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hurrah !!!! I got a brief reply from Martin apologizing for the delay in response--It is a very busy time of year there now Unfortunately the guy who responded couldn't give much info on my bow other than to suggest that if it was one of the early 90's ones not to use fastflyte string ssince no replacement parts are in stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts