Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does everyone think about the Martin MV2. It looks to me like its a cross between the scepter and the couger, but i never hear much about them...

thanks a lot......

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Awesome bow

The MV2 is my favorite Martin of all of them. The grip is raised a little higher than all of the other models which will make you love it or hate it. Many people like it and many people are uncomfortable with the higher grip. The MV2 aims better for me than any bow I have ever shot. I guess it all comes down to the handle for most people. If you like a little higher wristed handle this bow is for you, if you don't then stick with the Scepter III or one of the other choices. Good luck, you can't go wrong with this one.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shoot a 2000 hoyt aspen now, so i love high wrist grips. Maybe this is the bow for me.

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,420 Posts
I second Mead's post. The MV2 is also a very fast bow and is very good for 3d as well as target. Unfortunately the higher grip of the MV2 wasn't for me so I went back to shooting the Scepter and Cougar.

·
Registered
784 Posts
ATA is a tad shorter than the SIII and CIII. The Mv2 comes in at about 40" vs 43" and 42" for SIII and CIII with Elite limbs. I think the '03 website ATA number for the Mv2 is wrong...that says 37 7/8" for Elite limbs, but '02 says 39 7/8" which seems right.

I really like my Mv2...the whole package is very forgiving. I just am not sure what to give the credit to...the Mv2 riser, the XRG limbs, or the Fury-X cams. It's probably some of each, I'd give the nod to the cams.

If you do a search, you'll see that GRIV, Roger Hoyle and some other pro's were shooting the Mv2 quite successfully last year... haven't heard who is shooting it this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts