Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,

Another nooby question on my Martin. From what you guy's have told me, I have a 2001-2002 Martin Jaguar with Z-Cams. I noticed that after setting the sights, the POI would raise a bit on every 2-3 shots. After inspecting chasing the sights all day, I inspected the components and found the small adjusting allen screw for the rest heigth would not stay set. Went to the local pro-shop to have a rest installed and they told me this rest was "Martin specific" and I would need a bolt/bracket for the center oval hole to accept an after-market rest ?? He told me Martin discontinued this rest set-up shortly afterwards. Bummer !
So, I have a temp fix, installed an 8/32 allen screw, set heigth and locked down with a nut.

Any idea's regarding the bracket he speaks of ? or a good fix ?

Thanks

Sooner

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Rest...

Your rest probably has our loc-mount system...Its a cut out shaped like a horse shoe....All you need to fit any other rest is a 5/16 hex fin jam nut...it will fit perfectly in slot cut into the riser....A good number of aftermarket rests come with this nut standard, and if not, your dealer should have them hanginf around...

PUG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts